Cattlemen's Association

Help Support CattleToday:

Michael you've done your job by taking your kids with you and teaching them about agriculture. You can't even imagine some of the negative pictures that my daughter sends me about agriculture and meat eaters from college. What your doing with your kids will stay with them for their lifetime. Thank you.

True Grit Farms":3k7cuo07 said:
Michael you've done your job by taking your kids with you and teaching them about agriculture. You can't even imagine some of the negative pictures that my daughter sends me about agriculture and meat eaters from college. What your doing with your kids will stay with them for their lifetime. Thank you.

I appreciate that. And I do know that you're right because that's how I was raised. Lots of life lessons were learned around the farm. I hope they continue to gain more and more interest in the cows. If nothing else I will keep them so busy they don't have time to get into much trouble hopefully.

As far as your daughters experiences.... You're probably right about that too. I can't even imagine. I'm sheltered in a way. I kinda stay close to home and associate with like minded people for the most part. Times are changing. Fast. And not for the good. And I'm behind the times. Maybe she can have a positive influence and change the opinions of some of her peers at college.

JMJ Farms":25xelt6f said:
True Grit Farms":25xelt6f said:

I appreciate that. And I do know that you're right because that's how I was raised. Lots of life lessons were learned around the farm. I hope they continue to gain more and more interest in the cows. If nothing else I will keep them so busy they don't have time to get into much trouble hopefully.

As far as your daughters experiences.... You're probably right about that too. I can't even imagine. I'm sheltered in a way. I kinda stay close to home and associate with like minded people for the most part. Times are changing. Fast. And not for the good. And I'm behind the times. Maybe she can have a positive influence and change the opinions of some of her peers at college.

Andrea brought a girlfriend from Long Island NY home with her. They rode around the woods, and messed around with the cows and deer. And she also shot the dreaded AR 15 and a Glock pistol for the first time.

True Grit Farms":3lz1xtvb said:
JMJ Farms":3lz1xtvb said:
True Grit Farms":3lz1xtvb said:

Andrea brought a girlfriend from Long Island NY home with her. They rode around the woods, and messed around with the cows and deer. And she also shot the dreaded AR 15 and a Glock pistol for the first time.

That's awesome. I bet she enjoyed all of the above as well. Just riding around your farm was probably an experience like she's never had before. I will be willing to bet that she'll come back to visit again.

I went to my cattlemens association meeting. I am in my early 40s and I swear I am atleast 15 years younger then everyone there. I am picking up where my grandfather left off. Not enough money in it to live on it. I do it because I like it, I want it to pay for itself, keep the ag exeption, and put some pocket change. It my heritage. If I could do it full time God knows I would. How many calves would I have to sell to cover the $30,000 health insurance for the family? Just not realistic for me. Probably why younger people dont get into it. My company pays $15000 of that $30000 health insurance bill and matches my 401k.

Latest posts