cattlemen show

Help Support CattleToday:

auctionboy

Reaction score
I was watching Cattlemen to Cattlemen on RFD tonight and the congressmen who was a farmer his whole life said they spent $4.5 million on researching 28 large feedlots and packing faclities to figure out more about retained ownership. He held up a 1200 pages and said that 5% of cattle being fed were owned by the packer. The rest in retained ownership and other programs. $4,500,000.00 to come up with this great info! He was proud and happy to have spent that much money for something that could have been figured out for a lot less. I consider it a interesting fact, but other then that a huge waste of money. Who are these numbers going to help?

I watched the show again and caught the end of the segment. The man says that he proved what most people already thought. That waste of tax payers money makes me sick.

auctionboy":2368rx3v said:
I watched the show again and caught the end of the segment. The man says that he proved what most people already thought. That waste of tax payers money makes me sick.

Maybe you should research how much of our tax payer money is wasted on usless research. I bet you could get a Government grant to research it.

Reminds me of the city council where I live. Shortly after 9-11 they decided to spend $30,000.00 to have a study done to see how safe our reservoirs were from someone poisoning them. I thought about driving up to it and throwing a rock in and telling them they are unprotected and asking for the money. Talk about waste, there always seems to be a way to use our money.

There is no problem that cannot be prolonged or solution that cannot be made more complicated in order to increase the billing hours.

Mantra of a couple of consultants I know - both of whom are very successful at what they do.

Remember, while quality is a nice thing - volume of paperwork is directly proportional to the size of the final invoice.

Bez>

Latest posts