cattle wormer

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know of a good wormer that doesn't cost a whole lot and yet will do it's job? I only have 16 cows and a few calves to worm, so I don't need a huge amount, but I want something that will work well. Thanks, Jen
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

<br>: Does anyone know of a good wormer that doesn't cost a whole lot and yet will do it's job? I only have 16 cows and a few calves to worm, so I don't need a huge amount, but I want something that will work well. Thanks, Jen<p>Jen,<br>There are several oral wormers,but even though the ivermectins (Ivomex, Eprinex,) pour ons or injectable are a little more expensive I think they are worth the extra investment IF applied at the right time to obtain the most benefit, and especially if you do not know the specific parasite load your livestock are carrying. With sixteen cows and their calves you probably take good care of them and the extra money spent to effectively control an unknown variety of internal parasites is definitely worth the expense. These products also carry excellent safety on bred cows.<br>Mike
<br>

[email protected]

Jen, I personally worm my cows twicw a year, i use ivomec plus, but ivomec has lost its patent right and now i think that the name is cydectrin, you can purchase this online or from some of the vet supplies, or at your local farm store. If you only need the wormer, i have used safeguard pellets, very easy to use just add it to the feed, but have to watch the Hogs in the bunch. I usually use that on the bulls, during winter month that way i dont have to pin or squeeze for the injection. The pour on is also avaliable. I really don't know of anything that is cheap, and still works, other than the cydectrin, i think that its available in pour on only. Sorry!
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts