Cattle Whisperer?

Help Support CattleToday:

TxCoUnTrYbOy

Reaction score
Im sure a lot of you have heard of the horse whisperer? Where people use body language to make the horse do things. Well, when I went to look at heifers, Will Deterings brother, Michael said he went to some seminar from some guy who did this. He said the guy would have the horses load into a trailer, run circles, and many other things without coming near the horse. The guy said he was currently starting to test on Brahman cattle. He was trying to get them to act as if they were in the show ring by using body language. He said he wanted to start with Brahmans because they are so intelligent. He also said he was trying it out on bison too. I just thought this was really interesting and wanted to share.

A couple of years ago I sold a young Brahman bull to an animal trainer from California, to use in the Wild West show at Six Flags.

He got so attached to the bull, he was talking about sending him to a "horse whisperer" to train to ride.

Brahmans are very sensitive and have a long memory, so it's probably a good place to start his research.

TxCoUnTrYbOy (man that was hard to type) you seem like a youn man whose trying tolearn and not too proud to ask questions so dont take this wrong. that is a load of horse you know what especially with bramers. only thing meaner than a bramer is a bramer cross or a jersey. just lettin you know you can take it or leave it. best wishes on chasing your dream a young man like you might just catch it some day.

brokenmouth":3lon4we0 said:
TxCoUnTrYbOy (man that was hard to type) you seem like a youn man whose trying tolearn and not too proud to ask questions so dont take this wrong. that is a load of horse you know what especially with bramers. only thing meaner than a bramer is a bramer cross or a jersey. just lettin you know you can take it or leave it. best wishes on chasing your dream a young man like you might just catch it some day.

What in TxCoUnTrYbOy's post compelled you to say that bramers are mean and bramers crossed with jersey are meaner. I saw nothing there asking about disposition. And by the way whatever animal you have been around that you are calling a bramer is not what we are talking about which is a Brahman. And just like any other breed that have a wide variation in temperment. We choose to raise the gentle kind.

We all have our opinions on breed preference. I guess you must mean another breed besides Brahman, because I have not seen a mean Brahman. Every one I have seen is as gentle as a puppy. I think if you saw mine you would change your mind about how mean they are when he comes up and puts his head on your chest for you to pet him.

But like I said, everyone has their own opinions, and from what Ive heard Brahmans used to be known for being mean. If that is true, then that has been pretty much bred out. They are definately a more sensitive breed, but mean does not fit.

cherokeeruby":2lx2tz0i said:
brokenmouth":2lx2tz0i said:

What did TxCoUnTrYbOy's post compelled you to say that bramers are mean and bramers crossed with jersey are meaner. I saw nothing there asking about disposition. And by the way whatever animal you have been around that you are calling a bramer is not what we are talking about which is a Brahman. And just like any other breed that have a wide variation in temperment. We choose to raise the gentle kind.

ok ruby. first of all i didnt say bramer crossed wit h jersey i said bramer cross OR a jersey is the meanest. but i will yield to you i figure you raise first class stock and didnt mean to inflect anything on you at all

Latest posts