cattle squeeze

Help Support CattleToday:

frenchie

Reaction score
We are in the process of redoing our corral system..Just wondering who you guys think makes the best heavy duty cattle squeeze with auto or manual headgate ..(non-hydraulic) .

Also wondering what you dislike on the chutes you do have.

I use a for-most I like. It could be bigger and suit me better.
The head catch is manual or automatic. It switches from calves to cows fairly easily. The whole thing with a palp cage is pretty heavy made but not like a stampeed steel. I like them the best.

I have a for-most, too. It's a model 450 with the manual headgate. It'll catch a 2000lb bull and then a 100lb calf right behind him, you need to be quick to catch that calf though. There is a width adjustment but we set ours in the middle and have never touched it. Likes: Heavy, well built, split tailgate, headsweep. Dislikes: Neck acces is tight on some animals, chains on squeeze are noisy. I've used a priefert a couple times, the big model and was pleased with it. Has good neck access on the driver's side.

cfpinz":1jd8fqsi said:
I have a for-most, too. It's a model 450 with the manual headgate. It'll catch a 2000lb bull and then a 100lb calf right behind him, you need to be quick to catch that calf though. There is a width adjustment but we set ours in the middle and have never touched it. Likes: Heavy, well built, split tailgate, headsweep. Dislikes: Neck acces is tight on some animals, chains on squeeze are noisy. I've used a priefert a couple times, the big model and was pleased with it. Has good neck access on the driver's side.
A couple of my bulls can't get in my ally so I assume they can't get in the chute. My head gate is automatic. I like it very well but it won't catch cows that are big with a thick neck then turn around and catch a hundred pound calf. It's not hard to adjust though. If frenchie is looking for a heavy one, get a stampeed steel.

Frenchie a friend of mine has a stampeed steel chute. I called him for you and asked how he liked the chest bar. He said it's the only way to go. He said he wouldn't own one without it. He works lots of cows through it . His is hydro,and he's as proud of it as a kid would be of a new pup. I pulled a calf in it while he was away . He needs a palpation cage, other than that it is a very sweet , heavy made rig.

ollie'":2vtm35vg said:
Frenchie a friend of mine has a stampeed steel chute. I called him for you and asked how he liked the chest bar. He said it's the only way to go. He said he wouldn't own one without it. He works lots of cows through it . His is hydro,and he's as proud of it as a kid would be of a new pup. I pulled a calf in it while he was away . He needs a palpation cage, other than that it is a very sweet , heavy made rig.

Thanks Ollie ..do you know if the chest bar interfers any when you put a cow out the side of the chute

I'll ask him frenchie. I don't see how or why many of his would be turned out the side. His facilities are set up where they go out the front or out either side into a big concrete floored , covered pen that you work in. If you turn them out the front they're going the right direction to the gate. I'll ask though. Mostly I'd say he uses his side gates to work on a cow and needs more side exposure. He has their adjustable ally and a tub behind that. It's a good set up.

Never heard of stampede steel before now. I just looked them up on the web. Wow. Nice looking chutes.

Latest posts