Cattle Squeeze Chute

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm with Dave. Looks like a Prefriet, but nobody around here uses them.
Solid looking cage, that headgate looks a little cumbersome though.

I thought Priefert too due to the color but I've googled old Priefert squeezes and haven't found anything that looks like this one. The head gate is a little cumbersome but for the price I got it, I couldn't pass it up. The head gate looks like the brand Teco but colors don't match. I guess it doesn't really matter what brand it is but I was just curious 😊

Do the vertical bars on the head catch move or just the bar that pushes their head down? Appears that TECO made a dehorning head catch that looked like that. Does the head catch hinge on one side and open up to allow them to walk through? Looks plenty heavy duty. Maybe you could cut that head catch off and install a more traditional one on the front. Keep your head back when you close down on that bar or open it up. Looks like it could be a head knocker.

Do the vertical bars on the head catch move or just the bar that pushes their head down? Appears that TECO made a dehorning head catch that looked like that. Does the head catch hinge on one side and open up to allow them to walk through? Looks plenty heavy duty. Maybe you could cut that head catch off and install a more traditional one on the front. Keep your head back when you close down on that bar or open it up. Looks like it could be a head knocker.
Yes, the vertical bars do move on the head gate as well as the top bar. And yes the entire head gate hinges on one side and opens up to allow the stock to walk through.

A friend of mine has a chute with a similar looking head gate. It seems to work well for him. I am sure he has put thousands of head through it. I have no idea the brand. It is rust colored. Well maybe just rusty.

I'm of no help with identification, but am wondering if that's a current picture? 40F and pouring down rain here, supposed to have a high of 30ish tomorrow. I'm envious of those pretty green leaves.

Worked some through an old W-W chute(IIRC) that had that sort of headgate, 40 years ago. Didn't latch after releasing one, one time, and the next wild-@ss Brahman-cross calf that hit the gate knocked me right out when that handle came around and gave me an uppercut under the chin.

A friend of mine has a chute with a similar looking head gate. It seems to work well for him. I am sure he has put thousands of head through it. I have no idea the brand. It is rust colored. Well maybe just rusty.
Yes the headgate works great! I actually like it a lot.

I'm of no help with identification, but am wondering if that's a current picture? 40F and pouring down rain here, supposed to have a high of 30ish tomorrow. I'm envious of those pretty green leaves.
That photo was taken May 3rd actually. We are in Northern Ca and sadly we are just now getting rain. The drought has caused a lot of issues for ranchers in my area. Hoping we get rain! The weather has been too nice.

Worked some through an old W-W chute(IIRC) that had that sort of headgate, 40 years ago. Didn't latch after releasing one, one time, and the next wild-@ss Brahman-cross calf that hit the gate knocked me right out when that handle came around and gave me an uppercut under the chin.
Ouch... I have contemplated painting the handle for the head gate bright red because it is a disaster waiting to happen it seems lol.

That photo was taken May 3rd actually. We are in Northern Ca and sadly we are just now getting rain. The drought has caused a lot of issues for ranchers in my area. Hoping we get rain! The weather has been too nice.
I'd gladly share ours with you. At dark today, we'd had 2.5" and it's still raining now. I hope the ground freezes tomorrow, it's like walking on a sponge out there now.

Droughts are not fun. It always had rained, and I presume it always will, but those extended times in between can get pretty rough. Wishing you a green 20201!

I'd gladly share ours with you. At dark today, we'd had 2.5" and it's still raining now. I hope the ground freezes tomorrow, it's like walking on a sponge out there now.

Droughts are not fun. It always had rained, and I presume it always will, but those extended times in between can get pretty rough. Wishing you a green 20201!
If its not there yet you have snow on its way. We had rain and 54 this morning then sleet and ice, now 3" of snow.

Latest posts