cattle software

Help Support CattleToday:

plbcattle":16pc0cz4 said:
what software do you guys use to keep up with your registered herd.

A couple of months ago I went through a search and evaluation for software. I tested several and it turned out that CattleMax by cattlesoft won hands down. Great software and the customer service is top notch.

dun

dun":pmnmzv05 said:
plbcattle":pmnmzv05 said:
what software do you guys use to keep up with your registered herd.

A couple of months ago I went through a search and evaluation for software. I tested several and it turned out that CattleMax by cattlesoft won hands down. Great software and the customer service is top notch.

dun

i agree with dun. we use CattleMax also.

here's the link to their website
http://www.cattlesoft.com/

I hate to agree with Dun :lol: , but I do. Cattlemax is it for us, and has been for several years - we use it both for our registered and commercial herds. Bill :cboy:

I hate to be different, but... I could not afford the cattlemax program, even tho I loved the program I could not swing it. I went to the Cattle Works program. It is not set up for the registered breeder like cattlemax is but there are ways to make it work. I have my semen inventory, yr weights, reg #'s, who is bred to what and when they are due...you name it I found a place to put it. The cattle works program is $60. They will send you a full active 30 day trial and if you purchase they e-mail you a "key" to unlock the trial. NO info is lost. The cattlemax program is limited in the trial version and I did not feel that I got an accurate evaluation of that program. This is my opinion and this is what I did to make the program work for my tight budget. http://www.cattleworks.com

If you have register Black Angus then the american Angus Assoc. has a program called AIMS that is good. It is easy to use and great to transfer and receive information from AAA. If you have any other breed I would defer to the people above on a good commercial software.

certherfbeef":1859k5mc said:
Dun,
just curious, What other programs did you look at?

I looked at cattleworks, something from Redwing, and a couple of others. I kind of liked cattleworks except that they never responded to any questions. So they got a big zero for cutomer support. One of the others put me on hold for 15 minutes then broke the connection-twice. One of them wasn't anything but a glorified spreadsheet.
The only reason I remember cattleworks is because I have there CD.
We went with the registered version of cattlemax because of the extra features, i.e. photos, pedigrees, semen inventory, and a couple of other things, can't recall what they are at this point in time. Yes it's pricey, but you really get your moneys worth. They're willing to make little tweaks to individual needs. Plus it comes off the taxes anyway.

dun

dun":198po176 said:
certherfbeef":198po176 said:
Yes it's pricey, but you really get your moneys worth. They're willing to make little tweaks to individual needs. Plus it comes off the taxes anyway.
dun

but not as pricey as CattlePro

txag":2a54ibjb said:
dun":2a54ibjb said:
certherfbeef":2a54ibjb said:
Yes it's pricey, but you really get your moneys worth. They're willing to make little tweaks to individual needs. Plus it comes off the taxes anyway.
dun

but not as pricey as CattlePro

I think they're the ones that hung up on me while I was on hold.

dun

Latest posts