Cattle Software Programs

Help Support CattleToday:

gertman

Reaction score
Any of you all use software for recordkeeping? Which programs do you like I read a little about Cattlemax and Cattle Pro.

We've used cattlemax or almost 10 years. Couldn;t do without it now. Their customer support is unbelievable

I had Cattlemx for a few years - computer crashed - never got it going again -until this year - hubby purchased updated version & have it on the computer now. Haven't had time to "play" with it. Downloaded my whole herd from ASA. Not sure if I would have started it up again if I had to put in all my cows??? Download has pedigree/history from my first registered 1/2 blood back in 1971.
Good program.

I tried 2 cheaper programs and was going to go to paper records because of the time involved in recording info.
Cattlemax lets you move/ medicate/worm/castrate/etc... in groups.
Save a bunch of time. And once you enter a buyer or seller or specific med or vac, it becomes part of your program and comes up in a scroll box so it's point and click after that.
Costs more, Does more.
I like it.

I've got CowSense. Easy to use. I'm not done messing around on it, just got all the cows and calves in it.

I use Ranch Manger too and love it.
I can also move, vac, and do anything to our herd at once too.
It is also cheaper then Cattlemax.

I also back it all up on a disc. The support is great too.

I luv herfrds":b0mcto2k said:
I use Ranch Manger too and love it.
I can also move, vac, and do anything to our herd at once too.
It is also cheaper then Cattlemax.

I also back it all up on a disc. The support is great too.

What cost are we looking at for Ranch Manager?

randiliana":q7odor3g said:
I use Ranch Manager, from http://www.lionedge.com .

I just ordered this online, thanks Randi. I was waiting for the gv association to come out with their own bu it has been over two years so I am done. This program sounds great and looks like it will help me with my inventory as well.

It should be here in 7 days. I didn't get the notebook/palm version I just got the regular one. The price of either one are both very reasonable, so even if I do not like it and end up not using it I will not be out a lot of dollars.

I think you will like it HD. Mention that you would like to be able to import animals in from the Gelbveih Assoc. to them and they might be able to work it for you. At the moment you can import from American Hereford, American Simmental, Canadian Angus and American Braford animals in. I've imported Angus animals in (when we buy bulls).

I gotta talk to them about adjusting text and icon size since I got a bigger monitor. Probably is my problem, but I can't figure out how to fix it.

Thanks for the tip, I will call them when I get it, as I am sure I will need help installing and setting everything up.. :)

HD did you download the free trial version? If so you can get started right away and when you get the disc in the mail it can all be incorperated together and you don't lose any of your entered info.
I did that when I first got it.
Actually it is pretty easy to get set up.

Only trouble I have had with it is trying to remember how to move everything to a new computor from my saved discs. The support was great, too bad I can't remember how we did it. :D :oops:

I spoke to them this morning apparently I gave them the wrong email address. :oops:

It sounds like a great program and it is set up to incorporate the CGV association as well as CCIA, I think I am going to love it. The owners are also very nice and helpful .. :D

ILH I will check that out , I didn't see it the first time I was on there .. Thanks..

HD you will love the Age Verification option. As you enter the info it goes on the list, then you pick out the animals you want done and voila, that is about all you have to do (well, besides uploading your file). NO extra work, it is all done for you. But you need to know your Account # and your Premise ID #.

The only mandatory info you have to enter is a Display Name. Everything else is optional.

Mine doesn't show the CGA on there, but it could be coming up in a new update.

And, I agree, get the Trial version, you can start adding your animals in right away, and you won't lose anything when you upgrade to the full version.

Latest posts