cattle shows

Help Support CattleToday:

CopeMan

Reaction score
I know RFDTv on Dish Network and Direct TV has a show called the Cattle Show. But it is the most boring show on earth. Everytime I watch it, it does some lame activity like showcasing some company that invented cattle feeders or something. Or I seen one that showcased herding dogs. The most boring one that I ever seen was the one with Gerald Frye doing Ultralsounds on some British White cattle at the Halliburtain Farm. About a month ago I was my grandparents house, where they have RFDTV and I got all excited cause the info for the Cattle Dhow that day was something about Choosing the Right Herd Bull. So I thought finally a good episode, then when it came on it was about Farm Safety for Kids. Thats alright but what does that have to do with cattle. They need a good show that that every episode they showcase a different beef breed and go go to Farms and Ranches and alos give the history and origin of that breed. And also show ggod bulls and tell about the there traits. and how people use them in a everyday operation. Like if they did one on herefords they good and showcase a ranch thet raised Reg cattle then maybe they could go to a commercial ranch and show how that ranch use Hereford bulls on angus cows or somethng. If it was done right that could be some nice TV. Sure beats the heck out of Reality TV.

CopeMan":1yg2pwd6 said:
I know RFDTv on Dish Network and Direct TV has a show called the Cattle Show. But it is the most boring show on earth. Everytime I watch it, it does some lame activity like showcasing some company that invented cattle feeders or something. Or I seen one that showcased herding dogs. The most boring one that I ever seen was the one with Gerald Frye doing Ultralsounds on some British White cattle at the Halliburtain Farm. About a month ago I was my grandparents house, where they have RFDTV and I got all excited cause the info for the Cattle Dhow that day was something about Choosing the Right Herd Bull. So I thought finally a good episode, then when it came on it was about Farm Safety for Kids. Thats alright but what does that have to do with cattle. They need a good show that that every episode they showcase a different beef breed and go go to Farms and Ranches and alos give the history and origin of that breed. And also show ggod bulls and tell about the there traits. and how people use them in a everyday operation. Like if they did one on herefords they good and showcase a ranch thet raised Reg cattle then maybe they could go to a commercial ranch and show how that ranch use Hereford bulls on angus cows or somethng. If it was done right that could be some nice TV. Sure beats the heck out of Reality TV.

I'm afraid you're preaching top the choir. You need to bring this up with the powers that be at rfdtv. I've quit watching it, neve saw anything of any real interest.

dun

RFD tv, I check in every few hours to see what's showing. I enjoy the vintage tractors and when farm folks make up thier own machinery to get a job done. I also was excited about the Cattle Show and it's choosing a bull. Then was just as sad. Heck, I even watch the cattle auctions just to see the cattle run by :lol:

The Cattle Show is trying. They did do one about preparing a show steer/heifer. Proper trimming, feeding, halter-breaking, etc... From what i hear, they are working on a show about Longhorns, I do know they have shot footage at the Longhorn's World Show in Ft. Worth for the purpose of an episode on Longhorns.

Its better than not having any Cattle Show at all.

Saw a show by Rural Heritage on shoeing a mule. Found it interesting----the first time. When it got to the 10th time I wasn't nearly as happy with it.

dun

lol dun.. that's the same thing I've come across! I love to watch the dressage shows, recapping some of the bigger shows, but they get old also!

Don't they have cattle auctions on that station at some point? I've never seen one yet.-

They have them. Saw part of one once. Since I wasn't in the market for a couple of hunred head at one time I tuned it out.

dun

LaGrand Angus, by Salem, SD, had their sale on RFD tv with Superior Auction, last Saturday the 2nd. Had buyers from TX, MT,and IL that I recall right now, buying through Superior. Not a huge sale, there were 65 lots I believe, breds, and open heifer calves. Average $10,000 per lot.