Cattle Show

Help Support CattleToday:

El_Putzo

Reaction score
Anybody watch the cattle show last night on RFD? It was featuring Simmentals and some members of the ASA. Gateway had a rep on for a little bit. I like their cattle. I'd like to take a trip out west and see some of the bigger operations sometime, if I can convince my wife :roll: . Maybe Gateway Simmentals, Mohican Herefords, and several others.

James, you and your wife ought to come out here to see Mohican. Conrad has himself a beautiful place here. Rolling and most always green. I like the looks of the local farm better than Mohican West. Must be an acquired taste. We can stop over and see the old Big T place too. Jeff and Lou Harr are still running herfs up there.
Come on out and enjoy some of our venison and hereford steaks and a cold beverage of your choice. Then I'll take you down to Detwiler's place and get ya put up in the hereford room in the B&B.
Not big ranches here in Ohio but the hospitality is good! ;-)

Sounds like a great vacation to me, but the wifey can only look at cows for so long before she let's me know about it. I took her to the last sale I attended. We came home with "one of the pretty ones" which also happened to be a good heifer in my eyes too, thank goodness. Sometimes I have to remind her that "pretty" is not always practical and functional. Hopefully that offer will stand for a while, and I might just take you up on it.

El_Putzo":gbwu546w said:
Sounds like a great vacation to me, but the wifey can only look at cows for so long before she let's me know about it.
That is how my husband is. Your wife will be tired of looking at cows by the time you get thru my few. Then we'll call my sister and her and your wife can go to town and we can go look at more cows.

The door is always unlocked and the beverage is always cold.
You have an open invitation.

I appreciate the offer Cert, I'll keep it in mind. When you say "town" is this town big enough to have a mall in it? She does like to shop, just not really for cows. Of course I haven't taught her the finer points of cow shopping, as I haven't learned them all yet myself.

El_Putzo":s77q3nne said:
I appreciate the offer Cert, I'll keep it in mind. When you say "town" is this town big enough to have a mall in it? She does like to shop, just not really for cows.
There is a "mall" an hour north and one an hour south. That is close as we get to more then the wal-mart here. Not sure I can tell you how to get to either mall though :oops: I prefer to cow shop and my wardrobe comes from Tractor Supply. :roll:

I guess I have to give her credit, she doesn't spend near as much on clothes as I do on cows :lol:

Plus, she's fairly thrifty. She says she's a bargain shopper because if she sees something she likes, she waits till they have it on sale. She isn't in to all the expensive stuff either, she just likes to not have to wear the same clothes too many times.

I can't imagine wanting to spend more time at the mall than the cow sale! I haven't been to the mall in months.. in fact, I rarely spend time there. Give me a cattle sale or livestock show and I'm THERE!

certherfbeef":h4wfeqs8 said:
El_Putzo":h4wfeqs8 said:
I appreciate the offer Cert, I'll keep it in mind. When you say "town" is this town big enough to have a mall in it? She does like to shop, just not really for cows.
There is a "mall" an hour north and one an hour south. That is close as we get to more then the wal-mart here. Not sure I can tell you how to get to either mall though :oops: I prefer to cow shop and my wardrobe comes from Tractor Supply. :roll:
Hey you sound like the wife i never had do you have a sister ;-)

Latest posts