Cattle Rustler Caught in Chambers County, Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

Wilson_Cattle_Company":etg6buox said:
When will these bastages be hung? :mad:
It'll happen when the Lawyers and Judges quit meeting for Happy Hour and Golf. The Boy will probably claim a substance problem, or something rediculous. Seems he had to have some help with that many thefts, so maybe he'll rat out his accomplices.

Really it all of the good people of the worlds fault for not making him feel welcome and at home with society. :mad:

Scotty

Crowderfarms":2fagignt said:
Wilson_Cattle_Company":2fagignt said:
When will these bastages be hung? :mad:
It'll happen when the Lawyers and Judges quit meeting for Happy Hour and Golf. The Boy will probably claim a substance problem, or something rediculous. Seems he had to have some help with that many thefts, so maybe he'll rat out his accomplices.

GOOD! :D

THEN WE CAN HANG EM ALL!! ;-)

I know of a family that lives in Winnie, that lie and cheat all the time I wouldn't be surprised :eek: if they haven't added stealing to that and be involved. Not your most upstanding citizens. :mad:

Innocent until proven guilty, but I have to say that Mr. Remington would probably be out and very willing to fire on anyone that was in the pasture messing round the cows.

Does anyone know how this happened? Were they range cattle (making them easier to steal) or did someone have the chinas to go into someones pasture and just take? Man that takes some guts...and stupidity.

Ol Clint Eastwood in Hang Em High would have a slightly differing opinion.

We had a guy around here that would steal anything and everything. He would just drive his truck into your pasture and load the cows in the trailer. If you caught him before he had actually loaded the cows he would say that his truck broke down. I can't belive that any one could be so stupid. :mad:

kaneranch":mc2yqabd said:
If you caught him before he had actually loaded the cows he would say that his truck broke down. I can't belive that any one could be so stupid. :mad:
I can't believe that anyone could be so stupid,, that after catching him in their pasture with truck and trailer, and let him get away. That is pretty lame; especially after the first time. :lol: :lol: :lol: I imagine that's what he was doing all the way home.

la4angus":1z02j3sz said:
kaneranch":1z02j3sz said:
If you caught him before he had actually loaded the cows he would say that his truck broke down. I can't belive that any one could be so stupid. :mad:
I can't believe that anyone could be so stupid,, that after catching him in their pasture with truck and trailer, and let him get away. That is pretty lame; especially after the first time. :lol: :lol: :lol: I imagine that's what he was doing all the way home.
I would have given him something to really make him had a brakedown.

kaneranch":268dpqog said:
We had a guy around here that would steal anything and everything. :

We had a guy like that too..One of neighbors caught him stealing gas from his tank, He held a gun on him till the cops came, amazingly my neighbor was the one that got a firearms charge.The gas thief was never charged.

So the very next night, he,s back at my neighbors fuel tank.
This time my neighbor caught him and beat the hell out of him with a chunk of hose.

When the cops asked my neighbor about It, he did not know what they were talking about. ;-) apparently a hose does not leave marks.. :lol:

frenchie":1vy7wwiq said:
kaneranch":1vy7wwiq said:
We had a guy around here that would steal anything and everything. :

We had a guy like that too..One of neighbors caught him stealing gas from his tank, He held a gun on him till the cops came, amazingly my neighbor was the one that got a firearms charge.The gas thief was never charged.

So the very next night, he,s back at my neighbors fuel tank.
This time my neighbor caught him and beat the hell out of him with a chunk of hose.

When the cops asked my neighbor about It, he did not know what they were talking about. ;-) apparently a hose does not leave marks.. :lol:

If it did leave marks, so what? If no one else was present...
It is amazing how fast just the sight of a piece of pipe will bring about an attitude change. Or so I have heard.

The joys of being Canadian! :roll:
I love my country but these stupid Liberal laws (and Liberals)have to go. :mad:

bullred":moqesr1c said:
http://www.baytownsun.com/story.lasso?wcd=23791

This is a link to an article in the Baytown Sun regarding the capture of a suspected cattle rustler around here. Hopefully this puts a dent in the business. The recent rash of cattle theft has made the decision for me about whether or not to brand - got my brand today, now I just have to get it registered.

CJ

Who is yourTexas Cattleman Ranger?

Not sure I know what you're asking Caustic. If you're asking who our Texas Ranger is for this district, it is Sgt. Frank Huff from Liberty.

CJ

bullred":3vfj94oz said:
Not sure I know what you're asking Caustic. If you're asking who our Texas Ranger is for this district, it is Sgt. Frank Huff from Liberty.

CJ

Nope the Texas Southwestern Cattlemen Association has Rangers appointed by the state for nothing but crimes dealing with livestock.

Law Enforcement and Livestock Inspection

TSCRA offers 29 highly trained livestock theft investigators strategically stationed throughout Texas and Oklahoma. Commissioned as Special Rangers by the Texas Department of Public Safety and/or the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, these "field inspectors" assist in recovering stolen livestock and equipment and apprehending the thieves.

TSCRA field inspectors are not only trained in all facets of law enforcement, but are knowledgeable about the cattle industry. They frequently provide educational programs on theft prevention and proper branding procedures.

The law enforcement officers are aided in their efforts by 70 TSCRA market inspectors who identify 5 million to 6 million cattle each year at more than 125 Texas livestock markets. They report their findings to TSCRA's Fort Worth headquarters, where the information is entered into the largest centralized and computerized brand recording and retrieval system in the nation. Headquarters support staff distribute information on missing/stolen livestock to more than 700 law enforcement agencies nationwide.

The inspection program was authorized by the U.S. Department of Agriculture through an act of Congress in 1942. All costs for the program are paid by TSCRA.

TSCRA inspectors also protect the 288,000 horse-owning households in Texas by inspecting the 35,000 horses that are sent each year through Texas' two horse-processing plants. The Texas Legislature instituted the horse inspection program in 1997 in response to an urgent need to identify stolen horses. Again, lawmakers called upon the experience and expertise of TSCRA to administer the program.

Oh, I got ya! The field inspector for my region (District 23) is Larry Hryhorchuk, out of Liberty. As I'm a member of TSCRA, I guess it would be a good idea to keep his contact information handy. That's probably money well spent.

CJ

Latest posts