Cattle Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

can someone explain to me the difference between the prices of <br>cattle futures:<p>live cattle - 64.45<br>Feeders - 73.38<br>Stockers - 85.50<p>what is the difference between the types - who buys and sells each<br>type.. and to whom.<p>i am new to all of this and i am not ready to sell (still building<br>the herd) but i would like to have some idea of when to sell and to <br>whom.<p>FYI - current herd is commercial crosses - plan on moving to specific<br>pure breed <p>thanks<br>alex
<br>
<br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":2mo35z0v said:
: can someone explain to me the difference between the prices of <br>: cattle futures:<p>: live cattle - 64.45<br>: Feeders - 73.38<br>: Stockers - 85.50<p>: what is the difference between the types - who buys and sells each<br>: type.. and to whom.<p>: i am new to all of this and i am not ready to sell (still building<br>: the herd) but i would like to have some idea of when to sell and to <br>: whom.<p>: FYI - current herd is commercial crosses - plan on moving to specific<br>: pure breed <p>: thanks<br>: alex<p>I'm no expert but I think it goes like this;<p>Live cattle are feedlot finished ready for the <br>packing plant. About 1000 to 1200 lb.<p>Feeder cattle are ready to enter the feedlot.<br> Maybe 700 to 800 lb.<p>Stocker cattle are calves ready to place on <br>pasture to gain 200 to 300 lb. These might start <br>at 300 up to 600 lb. They would leave the pasture<br>for the feedlot!<p>Others would know more about weights and pricing!<br>Start small so if mistakes are made ( and they <br>will be ) losses will be small!<p>Maybe someone with more experience will also give <br>some advice.<p>Good Luck!<p>Phil<p> <br>
<br>
<br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

Latest posts