Cattle prices this coming year.

Help Support CattleToday:

I honestly don't see any real higher prices that will become the standard. May see prices spike during peak times but I feel our avg now will be standard.

True Grit Farms":kg6dbkt7 said:
Where do you think the price of cattle are going? Between the fires and flooding I would think that cattle prices should be going up.

I look for there to be a big liquidation of good long eared cattle in the very near future. With entire ranches fenceless and a big chunk of corn and a enormous chunk of cotton gone.
Along with almost all Hay in the coastal plains.
I think there will be a drop in prices immediately followed by a trend up just like a drought.
I plan to attend some sales and buy some cattle. I think everyone should do the same if they can. I do intend to get some deals. But I also intend to keep anyone from stealing these folks cattle. To the extent that my little self can. Maybe others will do the same.

callmefence":2xojvz2c said:
True Grit Farms":2xojvz2c said:
Where do you think the price of cattle are going? Between the fires and flooding I would think that cattle prices should be going up.

I look for there to be a big liquidation of good long eared cattle in the very near future. With entire ranches fenceless and a big chunk of corn and a enormous chunk of cotton gone.
I think there will be a drop in prices immediately followed by a trend up just like a drought.
I plan to attend some sales and buy some cattle. I think everyone should do the same if they can. I do intend to get some deals. But I also intend to keep anyone from stealing these folks cattle. To the extent that my little self can. Maybe others will do the same.

You make a great point. In the immediate future, the market may have to absorb a lot of supply.

Bright Raven":dbp3c1by said:
callmefence":dbp3c1by said:
True Grit Farms":dbp3c1by said:

You make a great point. In the immediate future, the market may have to absorb a lot of supply.

Raven the area flooded accounts for over 25 percent of Texas cattle. If just the flood zone was counted as a state it would be in top 6 cattle producing States.

Seen some longhorns today that had water all around them but they were in a high spot with some grass. They looked like they had seen a rough week.

Latest posts