cattle prices and trends

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ughm....no. Sounds more like a personal situation you are speaking from, and while I am sorry for your situation, don't resent the rest of us.

Never said CB had a sorry life, just that he holds it against those of us who had the opportunity to make a better life for ourselves and tries to make us feel regretful. Do you have another reason for his disposition? Or do you also share his outlook?
By the way, I've been "lein free" for yrs, every since I paid off a business loan several yrs ago. So please don't make assumptions based on your personal life.

Wow, looks like its personal....

Ouch, alot of people (you know who you are) need to grow up.

MD

eric":1gozozqx said:
Ughm....no. Sounds more like a personal situation you are speaking from, and while I am sorry for your situation, don't resent the rest of us.

You don't know anything about my situation, so don't act like you do. :roll:

Never said CB had a sorry life, just that he holds it against those of us who had the opportunity to make a better life for ourselves and tries to make us feel regretful. Do you have another reason for his disposition? Or do you also share his outlook?

I never said that YOU said CB had a sorry life.. What I said was that you accused him of not providing a good life for his family -- which you did..

By the way, I've been "lein free" for yrs, every since I paid off a business loan several yrs ago. So please don't make assumptions based on your personal life.

You sure seem to know a lot about everybody else's personal lives, which is surprising, really, given what little you seem to know about anything else.. :roll:

...speaking of liars and personal finance situations...

Having my cows are saving me around $9k a yr on my taxes, being zoned agricultural vs. residential.

...but now, it's...

eric":1gmjtp85 said:
I write off $2k in cow expenses in order to save 25k in property taxes.

That's quite a jump, Eric.. :roll:

cmjust0":mugc3w9q said:
...speaking of liars and personal finance situations...

Having my cows are saving me around $9k a yr on my taxes, being zoned agricultural vs. residential.

...but now, it's...

eric":mugc3w9q said:
I write off $2k in cow expenses in order to save 25k in property taxes.

That's quite a jump, Eric.. :roll:

You're right..I dont save the entire 25k in taxes....the ag exemption saves me 9k in ag vs. non-ag taxes...

I keep the cows in order to keep the ag exemption, thus the 2k cost is better than the 9k extra in taxes I would pay without the cows. Without the cows I would pay the entire 25k tax bill each yr.

cmjust0":1jcpccsz said:
eric":1jcpccsz said:

You don't know anything about my situation, so don't act like you do. :roll:

I never said that YOU said CB had a sorry life.. What I said was that you accused him of not providing a good life for his family -- which you did..

You sure seem to know a lot about everybody else's personal lives, which is surprising, really, given what little you seem to know about anything else.. :roll:

Man, you are one of the biggest "do as I say not as I do " hypocrites I've ever come across! So it's o k for you to make assinine assumptions about my personal life but you get your panties in a wad when i make them about yours?

Well looks like I am one of the liars also, when I decided to go back into cattle in the late eighties. I bought a piece of land sold the timber paid for the land and clearing.
The funny thing about this Mr.Eric is Caustic is the one that picked out the tract of land I should buy and crused it for me.
I bought 48 acres with 2 running creeks for 40,800 dollars and sold 60,000 dollars worth of timber and still have 20 to 25,000 dollars worth of timber left.

eric":14pords5 said:
Man, you are one of the biggest "do as I say not as I do " hypocrites I've ever come across! So it's o k for you to make assinine assumptions about my personal life but you get your panties in a wad when i make them about yours?

"Them" being assinine assumptions, I guess? :lol: If so, then fair enough.

I think the reason I made the assumption I did is because most folks my age associate debt management with wealth.. As in, the more debt I can service, the richer I must be. Those who are in hock the worst are often revered as the most "well off" of my generation.. It's a totally and completely assbackward way of looking at personal finance and economics, but it seems to be have caught on well with the 'kids' who came up in the Greenspanian era of cheap credit and the mass importation of junky Chinese crap.. Hard rain's coming for those folks, though.

All that said, I question whether or not my generation is our generation.. I'm 28. Unless you're as "weird" as I am when it comes to finances, you're probably older than me.

I'm not assuming, mind you -- just speculating. :lol:

Finally, I stand by my earlier remarks about you having crossed a line with regard to having called Caustic's "providership" (is that a word?) into question.. I still believe that was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts