cattle populations

Help Support CattleToday:

<br>It really depends if you are talking about beef, dairy or both. If both, Texas is first, California is second. <br>I don't know if this will help, but here it is: top ten<br>State Cash receipts from cattle sales #of businesses<br>tx 6.2 billion 149,000<br>ks 4.5 billion 38,000<br>ne 4.1 billion 28,000 <br>co 2.0 billion 13,000<br>ia 1.7 billion 45,000<br>ca 1.3 billion 25,000<br>sd 1.0 billion 21,000<br>mn 835 million 37,000<br>mo 668 million 12,700
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":399dql6k said:
: <br>: It really depends if you are talking about beef, dairy or both. If both, Texas is first, California is second. <br>: I don't know if this will help, but here it is: top ten<br>: State Cash receipts from cattle sales #of businesses<br>: tx 6.2 billion 149,000<br>: ks 4.5 billion 38,000<br>: ne 4.1 billion 28,000 <br>: co 2.0 billion 13,000<br>: ia 1.7 billion 45,000<br>: ca 1.3 billion 25,000<br>: sd 1.0 billion 21,000<br>: mn 835 million 37,000<br>: mo 668 million 12,700<p><br>JP California is ranked fifth it said so right in the California Cattlemen's Association Montana is second in population and Wyoming is third I can't see how California can be second with the state population at 30 million people and rising. There only 20 salebarns in the state instead of 40 as before which is very feewwwwwww........<p>Mylum<br>
<br>

[email protected]

If you read what I typed I said beef and dairy combined makes California 2nd in cattle numbers. I know we are 5th or 7th in just beef alone. <br>Apparently you do not understand agriculture at all. California has also been the no.1 agricultural state in the nation for the past 50 years. the reason for fewer sale barns is fewer smaller producers with more large producers that market else where. the sale barns left cater to more larger, and quality focused operations.<br>the larger population does hinder agriculture, however it does not by any means put a stop to it. we have a lot of land and plenty for people and food. <br>I am fully aware of your lack of understanding for agriculture and many other topics. <br>Once again, if you don't make a living in this business, Mylum, keep your uneducated assumptions to yourself. I was wondering...apparently you own a computer. Do you give computer companies advise on how to market, buy, build, improve, or speculate on how different computers should perform, or where they should do business? Just curious? <p><br>
<br>

(User Above)":1j6m7dxr said:
: If you read what I typed I said beef and dairy combined makes California 2nd in cattle numbers. I know we are 5th or 7th in just beef alone. <br>: Apparently you do not understand agriculture at all. California has also been the no.1 agricultural state in the nation for the past 50 years. the reason for fewer sale barns is fewer smaller producers with more large producers that market else where. the sale barns left cater to more larger, and quality focused operations.<br>: the larger population does hinder agriculture, however it does not by any means put a stop to it. we have a lot of land and plenty for people and food. <br>: I am fully aware of your lack of understanding for agriculture and many other topics. <br>: Once again, if you don't make a living in this business, Mylum, keep your uneducated assumptions to yourself. I was wondering...apparently you own a computer. Do you give computer companies advise on how to market, buy, build, improve, or speculate on how different computers should perform, or where they should do business? Just curious? <br>Nah the computer companies are just as clueless too. I don't even bother them. I see what you meant in the ranking that is what I meant too. I am mostly a beefman so I don't really pay much attention to dairies even know i drink a lot of milk per day. I did never mention that Ag is number one in the nation because I have already knew that. But urban sprawl is pushing the ag guys away and not even considering that ag is way more important than building houses that aren't needed. What wrong with houses in town?? Seems to me there too many houses for sale in town then in the subdivisions. Great Falls had a great plan on rebuilding the older neighborhoods houses and my golly it worked!!! Their plan had housing developers cringe and leave Great Falls alone. When pretty much of all the older houses are sold they will build new ones. However, Great Falls leave the farmers alone because they understand the value of farmlands. However Gary Davis(our CA governor) is not seeing farmers as values at all. However he on the right tracks about schools. Schools are way much important than houses b/c there is a shortage of schools in the state. Think about it...I gotta go<p>Mylum<p>
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":2v991vt1 said:
:this site ought to answer all your questions<p><a href="http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/reports/general/sb/b9530199.txt">link</a>
<br>

if I read it correctly in 1998 TX had most of"all cattle & calves"<br>with NB & KS bringing up 2nd & 3rd place.(you could<br>combine these 2 & still be less than TX.) of<br>course TX is a big state
<br>

Go to: lvstkst.txt at http://www.usda.gov<p>this will give you an idea. the poll was taken in 1996 but it is fairly relevent to today.<p>
<br>

what country has the most cattle?<p><br>: if I read it correctly in 1998 TX had most of"all cattle & calves"<br>: with NB & KS bringing up 2nd & 3rd place.(you could<br>: combine these 2 & still be less than TX.) of<br>: course TX is a big state<p>
<br>

<p><br>: what country has the most cattle?<p>: <br>: : if I read it correctly in 1998 TX had most of"all cattle & calves"<br>: : with NB & KS bringing up 2nd & 3rd place.(you could<br>: : combine these 2 & still be less than TX.) of<br>: : course TX is a big state<p><p>
<br>

[email protected]

As I heard around I think China have the most cattle. Despite the number of beef they have they are still well short of their demands for meat because of their bloated population.<br>: <br>: : what country has the most cattle?<p>: : <br>: : : if I read it correctly in 1998 TX had most of"all cattle & calves"<br>: : : with NB & KS bringing up 2nd & 3rd place.(you could<br>: : : combine these 2 & still be less than TX.) of<br>: : : course TX is a big state<p>
<br>

(User Above)":332722k4 said:
: : If you read what I typed I said beef and dairy combined makes California 2nd in cattle numbers. I know we are 5th or 7th in just beef alone. <br>: : Apparently you do not understand agriculture at all. California has also been the no.1 agricultural state in the nation for the past 50 years. the reason for fewer sale barns is fewer smaller producers with more large producers that market else where. the sale barns left cater to more larger, and quality focused operations.<br>: : the larger population does hinder agriculture, however it does not by any means put a stop to it. we have a lot of land and plenty for people and food. <br>: : I am fully aware of your lack of understanding for agriculture and many other topics. <br>: : Once again, if you don't make a living in this business, Mylum, keep your uneducated assumptions to yourself. I was wondering...apparently you own a computer. Do you give computer companies advise on how to market, buy, build, improve, or speculate on how different computers should perform, or where they should do business? Just curious? <br>: Nah the computer companies are just as clueless too. I don't even bother them. I see what you meant in the ranking that is what I meant too. I am mostly a beefman so I don't really pay much attention to dairies even know i drink a lot of milk per day. I did never mention that Ag is number one in the nation because I have already knew that. But urban sprawl is pushing the ag guys away and not even considering that ag is way more important than building houses that aren't needed. What wrong with houses in town?? Seems to me there too many houses for sale in town then in the subdivisions. Great Falls had a great plan on rebuilding the older neighborhoods houses and my golly it worked!!! Their plan had housing developers cringe and leave Great Falls alone. When pretty much of all the older houses are sold they will build new ones. However, Great Falls leave the farmers alone because they understand the value of farmlands. However Gary Davis(our CA governor) is not seeing farmers as values at all. However he on the right tracks about schools. Schools are way much important than houses b/c there is a shortage of schools in the state. Think about it...I gotta go<p>: Mylum<p>
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":1snwjvdp said:
: : If you read what I typed I said beef and dairy combined makes California 2nd in cattle numbers. I know we are 5th or 7th in just beef alone. <br>: : Apparently you do not understand agriculture at all. California has also been the no.1 agricultural state in the nation for the past 50 years. the reason for fewer sale barns is fewer smaller producers with more large producers that market else where. the sale barns left cater to more larger, and quality focused operations.<br>: : the larger population does hinder agriculture, however it does not by any means put a stop to it. we have a lot of land and plenty for people and food. <br>: : I am fully aware of your lack of understanding for agriculture and many other topics. <br>: : Once again, if you don't make a living in this business, Mylum, keep your uneducated assumptions to yourself. I was wondering...apparently you own a computer. Do you give computer companies advise on how to market, buy, build, improve, or speculate on how different computers should perform, or where they should do business? Just curious? <br>: Nah the computer companies are just as clueless too. I don't even bother them. I see what you meant in the ranking that is what I meant too. I am mostly a beefman so I don't really pay much attention to dairies even know i drink a lot of milk per day. I did never mention that Ag is number one in the nation because I have already knew that. But urban sprawl is pushing the ag guys away and not even considering that ag is way more important than building houses that aren't needed. What wrong with houses in town?? Seems to me there too many houses for sale in town then in the subdivisions. Great Falls had a great plan on rebuilding the older neighborhoods houses and my golly it worked!!! Their plan had housing developers cringe and leave Great Falls alone. When pretty much of all the older houses are sold they will build new ones. However, Great Falls leave the farmers alone because they understand the value of farmlands. However Gary Davis(our CA governor) is not seeing farmers as values at all. However he on the right tracks about schools. Schools are way much important than houses b/c there is a shortage of schools in the state. Think about it...I gotta go<p>: Mylum<p>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts