Cattle people/ farmers are getting old.

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't believe that Pep Union is an agriculture student of any sort. He sounds much more like a philosophy or psychology major. Standard ploy in either of those fields is to tell others what or how they should feel.
You are too kind. I doubt if he will acquire the status you assigned to him.
It is always good when someone finds honest work...

A little searching and it seems Peter Island is a British Virgin Island that is privately owned by co-owners of the Amway Company; hence @greybeard 's comment about selling Amway... since the island is still going through rebuilding pains from several hurricanes several years ago... not a vacation destination at this time... Organic agriculture might work on that place... don't see any cows there...
Much as I resent anyone telling me that I am "soo dumb" when they have not even met me... this "person", who is too full of himself, is just not worth anymore of my time. The fact that they have been a member for several years threw me off a bit...

A little searching and it seems Peter Island is a British Virgin Island that is privately owned by co-owners of the Amway Company; hence @greybeard 's comment about selling Amway... since the island is still going through rebuilding pains from several hurricanes several years ago... not a vacation destination at this time... Organic agriculture might work on that place... don't see any cows there...
Much as I resent anyone telling me that I am "soo dumb" when they have not even met me... this "person", who is too full of himself, is just not worth anymore of my time. The fact that they have been a member for several years threw me off a bit...
He is one of the reasons I do not use a location, I would have no clue if he is as he represents himself, Starts off from Israel but I doubt
if he has Alyeiah (sp) status and therefore not of the land. If he is HaAretz (of the Land) then he would need an Israeli passport to be in
Peter Island so even if he were Israeli why would he change his location for an internet blog. Personally I do not think he rides for
any brand.

He is one of the reasons I do not use a location, I would have no clue if he is as he represents himself, Starts off from Israel but I doubt
if he has Alyeiah (sp) status and therefore not of the land. If he is HaAretz (of the Land) then he would need an Israeli passport to be in
Peter Island so even if he were Israeli why would he change his location for an internet blog. Personally I do not think he rides for
any brand.
If he is Israeli I am a Japanese aviator,

Probably off topic now considering.....
Buuut i was bidding on some cows a couple weeks ago. I finally win a bid and the auctioneer said "sold. To the young man over there." Pointing towards me. I did feel a bit awkward as i do feel old, have to go to see a dr occasionally now etc etc. Im in my mid 30s.

You can only do what you can do. I can only speak to what goes on in my area. I really wanted to have a ranch in an area about 10-15 miles North of me. The ground is better and the trees are prettier out that way. Unfortunately everyone else wants to live there to wich drove the land prices up. We are in the 3-4k market price now, the land 10 north is in the 10-12k range and has been busted up into mini ranches. Glad I went were I could afford to buy rather than not buy at all.
Yup, this seems to be the way things go. While I wish I had 100 acres (or more, haha), I'm glad I got my 35 acres and I'll just try to improve the soil over time.
Seeing these larger tracts get busted apart into microfarms saddens me.

Yes it's hard watching the big places get busted up. I think we are finally to the point here were it's cheaper to improve what you have by fertilizing and planting rather than buying more land to run more animals.

Just picked up a hay lease today on 180 farm. Retired farmer is 84. Had to turndown his neighbor who came by and wanted to lease me his 150 acre farm. Neighbor is 81.

Last edited:

Latest posts