cattle parasites

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

any suggestions on economical worm and lice and grub control on missouri arkansas line?----have been using warbex pour on and injecting tramisol----has worked well for about 3 dollars per cow but one vet says it is good and another vet says it is a waste of money that i should use ivomec for about 8 dollars per head---any thoughts or suggestions? thanks
<br>
<br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":39kn8x76 said:
: any suggestions on economical worm and lice and grub control on missouri arkansas line?----have been using warbex pour on and injecting tramisol----has worked well for about 3 dollars per cow but one vet says it is good and another vet says it is a waste of money that i should use ivomec for about 8 dollars per head---any thoughts or suggestions? thanks<p>Has it worked OK in your opinion? Is it a system <br>that you feel comfortable with? You may wish to<br>sit down with your county agent or area livestock<br>agent to determine what parasites are a problem in<br>your area and then determine if the material you <br>are using controls those parasites! Most important<br>is ask both vets what they like and dislike about<br>your system. The vet that wants you to spend <br>another $ 5.00 per cow has some explaining to do!<br>If he doesn't want to or try to explain his reasons<br>other than selling you the higher priced product, <br>write him off!<p>The fact this you try to control lice and worms is <br>better than nothing!<p>Phil in MS.
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":fm89d0t7 said:
: any suggestions on economical worm and lice and grub control on missouri arkansas line?----have been using warbex pour on and injecting tramisol----has worked well for about 3 dollars per cow but one vet says it is good and another vet says it is a waste of money that i should use ivomec for about 8 dollars per head---any thoughts or suggestions? thanks<p>
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":3lz98ljh said:
: any suggestions on economical worm and lice and grub control on missouri arkansas line?----have been using warbex pour on and injecting tramisol----has worked well for about 3 dollars per cow but one vet says it is good and another vet says it is a waste of money that i should use ivomec for about 8 dollars per head---any thoughts or suggestions? thanks<p>I would evaluate the efficiency of the products based on the target pests. Personally, I like ivomec when trying to control a variety of parasites. One thing for sure, if our animals have internal parasites you will see a performance difference. Usually you get what you pay for. <p>
<br>

[email protected]

thanks mike and phil for your comments. the vet that likes tramisol and warbex says you can do it 3 times for the same amount of money and he also says that there is a diminishing returns with the ivomec---the more times it is used on a particular animal the less effective it becomes------the vet that recommends ivomec says that tramisol only kills one stage of worms and ivomec kills more stages but agrees that it is far less effective than warbex in control of grubbs and lice so i guess there is no clear answer that one way is better than the other----also tramisol is much gentler on the animal so if the animal is weak they both agreed that it would be less stressful to use tramisol---i guess there is no answer that one is better than the other----thanks for your response and good luck to both of you
<br>

Latest posts