Cattle Pages

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
From the new owners of Cattle Pages:

We just got back from the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association this weekend and announced it to several contacts, including customers, breed associations, and publications. It's fine to tell anyone and everyone and we will be making a big announcement when we get the site transferred over to our server and get the discussion boards back online (sometime toward the end of this week).

someone go test out the pop-ups and then report back to me. ;-) thanks, beefy

dun":2m2hs4f1 said:
From the new owners of Cattle Pages:

We just got back from the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association this weekend and announced it to several contacts, including customers, breed associations, and publications. It's fine to tell anyone and everyone and we will be making a big announcement when we get the site transferred over to our server and get the discussion boards back online (sometime toward the end of this week).

Thanks for the news, dun.

I went snooping. No more of those nasty pop ups. Nobody there, except 8 "guests" browsing. Time to go ask a "stupid" question or two to get it all rolling :lol: They did have seperate boards for different breeds, longhorn, angus, etc. Don't know if that's good or bad?!?

I think that was actually the "original" cattle message board site, wasn't it? They had a chat room that was pretty active for awhile too.

Glad to hear they're coming back.

They're now back and working correctly. There was some kind of a problem of changing the domain ownership that put a fly in the ointment for a couple of days.

dun

I didn't get any pop-ups but I don't like the format and there is no action there. C.T. is so much better, no need even going over there.

If you visit there ver y often you will notice that although there are a lot of the same folks on both forum, both will have a group that is different from the other boards. But, since I don;t have any fiscal interest in either forum, makes no difference to me one way or the other I just like to drop in and see what the other folks are up to. There are a number of forums that I just lurk. But I'll surely agree that this forum is superior to any of the others. Other then a few folks, there is a lot more camraderie here. I think part of that is the pm function, and part is the moderators and Macon keeping things in check-within reason.

dun

dun":16z9l0je said:
If you visit there ver y often you will notice that although there are a lot of the same folks on both forum, both will have a group that is different from the other boards. But, since I don;t have any fiscal interest in either forum, makes no difference to me one way or the other I just like to drop in and see what the other folks are up to. There are a number of forums that I just lurk. But I'll surely agree that this forum is superior to any of the others. Other then a few folks, there is a lot more camraderie here. I think part of that is the pm function, and part is the moderators and Macon keeping things in check-within reason.

dun

Now, dun, are you telling us you like this format? It seems only yesterday you were dragged kicking and screaming into using the new software! :p

You'll notice I didn;t mention the format. I think it sucks, but I still don;t really like this one either. I'm used to it, but I don;t like it.

dun