Cattle pages on Facebook

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I have no Facebook, but my wife does. She can't seem to post any adds for me. What are we doing wrong?

Brute 23":28f1mq6c said:
Are you a member of the group you are trying to post in?

Supposed to be. It says something about you can't sell animals. But, there are 1000's of animals for sale on the page.

Bigfoot":1254kn3q said:
Brute 23":1254kn3q said:

Supposed to be. It says something about you can't sell animals. But, there are 1000's of animals for sale on the page.

Sell it as "Ear Tag for sale" or post the picture and put "Information in comments." They've really cracked down on the algorithms that allow what's posted and seen.

Bigfoot":1an6span said:
Brute 23":1an6span said:

from what I've seen you have to go to the livestock section on Facebook ..their adverized there..type in """ Kentucky farm and livestock trader"" And see if you have it..

A buddy of mine, was selling grass fed beef on facebook because apparently thats the only way some millennial's know how to shop and they think corn was put on this earth by the devil or darth vader whatever they believe in now which was the reason for sticking with grass fed. Anyway it was going good till facebook went vegan so he ended up creating a website to sell it on and is letting other producers use it as well fetching a pretty good premium for the grass finished stuff. He occasionally just plugs the website on facebook and gets some website traffic that way. I dont understand facebook excluding a large demographic from using it but thats a topic for another time.

j_20":1uy969ey said:
A buddy of mine, was selling grass fed beef on facebook because apparently thats the only way some millennial's know how to shop and they think corn was put on this earth by the devil or darth vader whatever they believe in now which was the reason for sticking with grass fed. Anyway it was going good till facebook went vegan so he ended up creating a website to sell it on and is letting other producers use it as well fetching a pretty good premium for the grass finished stuff. He occasionally just plugs the website on facebook and gets some website traffic that way. I dont understand facebook excluding a large demographic from using it but thats a topic for another time.

They want you to pay for ads, it's a revenue driver for them.

Bestoutwest":34d5rla9 said:
j_20":34d5rla9 said:

They want you to pay for ads, it's a revenue driver for them.

Well I won't support any company that doesn't support ag. I dont have a facebook and likely never will not just because of that, it seems like a productivity killer to me.

And yes I see the irony in me saying facebook seems like a productivity killer while I'm posting here haha, in my defense I usually just jump on here while I'm mixing feed and at least here there are like minded people.

You have to be creative. I've sold several pullets as discussion group members needing a new group home. Just stay away from the usual descriptors such as cow, bull or steer.

Bigfoot":2ccuuuwr said:
I have no Facebook, but my wife does. She can't seem to post any adds for me. What are we doing wrong?
Make it a discussion post, not a for sale post so it doesn't go to marketplace and get flagged. Only put pictures in post, put price and details in comments.

Got the add on, but man. The volume of post pushes you down the page so fast, your buried. For now, my opinion is Facebook is not that great of a place to sell.

Latest posts