cattleinpasture025.jpg

Progress 2 year old, calved at 23 months
cattleinpasture012.jpg

cattleinpasture006.jpg

cattleinpasture016.jpg

cattleinpasture021.jpg

SRBeef

Reaction score
Great pictures, great cattle. Thanks for the photos.

How do you like the performance of the fly tags? How would they compare to a rub? How long is the fly tag effective?

I had a couple calves this spring come out about the same color as yours - very light tan - while some other calves out of the same bull were a deep, dark red. Dams of both looked about the same. I have not noticed this much of a color difference before.

One of the light tan calves was out of the cow in my avatar. Bull is a dark red. Maybe the calves will darken as they mature? Color doesn't matter to me but I am curious about the wide difference between calves.

Thanks again. Jim

OP
O

oakcreekfarms

Reaction score
We used a bull that was an M326 son out of a fairly light colored C&L hardwood daughter, the bull was lighter colored and his calves are all light. The other bull we used has thrown some darker red calves. Some of them have a bit more white because of the heavy keynote and 3008 breeding, we are hoping that the bull we bought will darken them up, making them a little more conservatively marked, and throw some pigment around the eyes and testicles.

Thanks for all the comments

JHH

Reaction score
would like to see the bull a little longer but other than that I like him. You have great udders on them. What kind of B.W. did you get from the 606 daughter on her calf (I think I said that right). JHH

HerefordSire

Reaction score
oakcreekfarms":37y23hxu said:
Some of them have a bit more white because of the heavy keynote and 3008 breeding, we are hoping that the bull we bought will darken them up, making them a little more conservatively marked, and throw some pigment around the eyes and testicles.

The 3008 and the Keynotes that I know of don't throw white. Also, they throw pigment.

KNERSIE

Reaction score
Limomike":2bpc657o said:
I like the cattle... hate the thistles that are around them.... :nod:

Us hereford farmers plant thistles otherwise our cattle do too well. ;-)

Latest posts