Cattle mutilations - Opinions, thoughts?

Help Support CattleToday:

Give me your thoughts on cattle mutilations. Stories, explanations, experiences? Just stay respectful to each other, no matter what opinion it is.
Before I continue, I've never experienced cattle mutilations or seen one in real life on our place.

So. We live in an area where every so often farmers experience cattle mutilations. Recently again, about a week ago or so. I've seen the pictures of the carcass and yes it looks exactly like all the other pictures you can search for online. Ears, nose, mouth, tongue, soft tissue under the tail and in this case the penis and scrotum, since it was a bull calf (Last years calf) cut with surgical precision, no blood mess, no gun or arrow shot signs, no tracks to or from the animal.
Throughout the years this farm has lost 6 animals under those circumstances. Other farms in the area have lost animals under the same idea going back to the 1980's from what I'm aware of.

In Alaska a farm claimed the same kind of loss of an animal at about the same date, give or take. (End of July/beginning of August)

I had never heard of a thing like this before I moved here and quite honestly sit on the fence about it. Some shrug their shoulders and laugh about a claim like this and others fully believe the extraterrestrial explanation.

What strikes me as odd is this occurring not only in one area of the world, but in different places, countries. Same 'inflictions' on the animals.
I've seen enough dead cows, calves to know that this is not the same as a predator kill, a natural death and scavengers ripping off soft tissue.
So what is it?
Enlighten me.
I've been watching your thread, interested in the differences in opinions and what people see and believe. The pictures published, and the descriptions of damage done.

It would be interesting if somebody stuck several carcasses in some enclosures with different kinds of predators and scavengers... and did a film of what occurred over time. Don't predators go for the soft parts first? Tongue? Genitals? Or go in from the back or belly, making neat holes? Don't they harvest the organs first? And doesn't blood congeal in a dead animal so that it doesn't run out?

A lot of what I'm seeing looks like badger activity. Has anyone filmed badgers eating carrion?

The descriptions of predator/scavenger activity sound a lot like the speculation over "surgical precision" and specific organs being removed. You see a deer cut in half on the road and there's blood all over... but if one gets knocked into tomorrow in one piece and lays next to the road it will eventually swell up and rupture and fluid will drain... but it's not blood flowing from a fresh wound... and is congealed blood which doesn't flow the same thing as "no blood"?

I think the whole thing is a case of people looking to make something out of nothing... but then I haven't seen everything. It's just my common sense and prior experience with the way some people react and invent conclusions that is speaking.

And I'm comfortable with that.

I think the whole thing is a case of people looking to make something out of nothing... but then I haven't seen everything. It's just my common sense and prior experience with the way some people react and invent conclusions that is speaking.

And I'm comfortable with that.

Same here. For whatever reason, I sometimes like to hear people's ghost stories, but in my personal experience, I've never seen or experienced anything that even in my wildest stretch I could say was a ghost, alien, or bigfoot. I've seen a few humans that I wondered about, but turns out they were human.

Growing up in the eastern part of KY, there have always been stories and folklore etc. Never really was around anybody that believed that there was anything out of the ordinary. I've always believed that even though some things happen that seem strange there is a logical explanation for them. We have a Airbnb rental, and a couple different guests have made comments. One group asked if it was haunted. Another family actually said it was haunted but said they enjoyed their stay so evidently whatever they thought happened didn't scare them too much.😂
Have just been to southeast Oklahoma, and stopped along the way in AR, the house we stayed in had all kinds of figurines and pictures of Sasquatches. Then after we got to Oklahoma, I noticed several businesses with a reference to Sasquatch in their names.
I'm confident that if something like that was out there it would have been found out long ago.

I've been watching your thread, interested in the differences in opinions and what people see and believe. The pictures published, and the descriptions of damage done.
That's the curiosity for me. I like to listen to the different opinions people have and as long as everybody is civilized and respectful to one another....... it's a great tool to broaden ones horizon or work out the brain a little bit.
I'm glad I posted the question, keep the different thoughts coming. There are points on either side of the fence I can agree with.
Something my mind came across the other day, if it were extraterrestrial or out of this world predators, wouldn't there be, at least maybe, some measurable radioactivity? Hmm, maybe that's just my imagination.

With the carcass experiment you mentioned, an experiment sort of along the lines of the body farm? Where human carcass are put in different condition, situation to study the timing of decay.

I don't agree with you there. We as human beings still don't know everything existing on this planet. Be nice to know though. =)
I agree that we don't know everything, and that new species are discovered.
It's kind of hard to explain a position, when I say I'm sure of something it's usually 99.9%, so I leave a bit of wiggle room.
I do believe most things can be attributed to known phenomena.

Last edited:

Latest posts