Cattle Mineral Tubs in Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

Swamp Gardener

Reaction score
I'm working on an container gardening project and I'd like to procure some cattle mineral tubs. I've had trouble finding a source in the South Texas area. Does anyone have any suggestions or contacts?

A lot of co-ops and feed stores take tubs back from people as a courtesy but have little use for them. If you ask they will probably give you as many as you want. I never understood why the mineral tub companies wouldn't or couldn't recycle them.

A lot of co-ops and feed stores take tubs back from people as a courtesy but have little use for them. If you ask they will probably give you as many as you want. I never understood why the mineral tub companies wouldn't or couldn't recycle them.

It's a problem with liability. I've been told that years ago they would re-use them, but someone's horse died and they blamed it on the company that makes the tubs.

Or heck, make compostable tubs. I saw a cardboard-type tub once. Would stock tear it up? Sure, but if it still contains most of what's inside, isn't that the purpose?

I think Purina recycles them and gives you a $4 voucher for each one.

001.JPG
002.JPG003.JPG
I left them all on the ranch in Texas. Corral panels to keep out the cattle, hog panels to keep out the ferals and chicken wire to keep out the rabbits.

100_1847.JPG
I brought that cement lantern to Oregon.

Last edited: