Cattle measuring tape

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah. What kind of chute weight scales do you have Tom? Don't wanna spend a ton on scales, but would like to be fairly accurate.

machslammer":4b589ttv said:
Yeah. What kind of chute weight scales do you have Tom? Don't wanna spend a ton on scales, but would like to be fairly accurate.
I bought mine from B and B Scales, they are the heavy duty ones about $800 for them when I got them around the first of the year. They seem fairy accurate, test then with bags of mineral a few times and always weigh myself before weighing calves and do it a few times during the working process. Hoss on here also got a set from them just the lighter ones, I went with the heavy set because my chute is heavy.

tom4018":7q23f3yt said:
machslammer":7q23f3yt said:
I bought mine from B and B Scales, they are the heavy duty ones about $800 for them when I got them around the first of the year. They seem fairy accurate, test then with bags of mineral a few times and always weigh myself before weighing calves and do it a few times during the working process. Hoss on here also got a set from them just the lighter ones, I went with the heavy set because my chute is heavy.

Which chute you have? We are buying the prefiert S04 model next month and wanted to weigh my options on what to use... Ever put a platform scale in a chute? Does it work? We have some cheap portable ones, but don't know how it would work.

machslammer":i8uz572w said:
tom4018":i8uz572w said:
machslammer":i8uz572w said:

Which chute you have? We are buying the prefiert S04 model next month and wanted to weigh my options on what to use... Ever put a platform scale in a chute? Does it work? We have some cheap portable ones, but don't know how it would work.
I have a SO4. I would not like a platform in a chute, it would raise the floor too high for taller cows. I poured a concrete pad and put my chute on the load bars.

machslammer":2ce4vq4c said:
Will the load bars work on the ground? On your concrete pad, do the load bars seem to make it unsteady at all?
The bars have small feet so they would sink into the ground. Maybe slightly unsteady.

skyhightree1":3lqcu8z0 said:
Nesi heres a shot of 30 inches

I dug mine out and I have the same tape. Clamped a 2oz fishing sinker on the end so it would fall down their far side easier and I just hook it with a bent rod thru the chute bars.

Never did understand why the "no finish" and "thin" are lighter wt than 'moderate' or heavier finish. :???: :???:
Can someone explain that? Fat is lighter than muscle?

Latest posts