Cattle losses

Help Support CattleToday:

Midtenn":ben3edha said:
TennesseeTuxedo":ben3edha said:
True Grit Farms":ben3edha said:
BS, the government has no business being in business. Some folks are always looking for something for nothing. I wish everyone the best of luck and prosperity, but bailouts are wrong and not the government's responsibility.

So you'd refuse Coast Guard assistance if your boat was sinking miles off shore?

I'm sure he wouldn't refuse it nor would he refuse the help of the military, firemen or police. But he's talking about business. Most (maybe none) of us are going to refuse drought assistance, conservation cost share , price supports, or government ag- enhancement assistance, HOWEVER, if they take a vote I would vote for the government to stay out of it. Only reason I do any of those things is because the money is already located so I might as well get my share. I do agree the government should stay out of business, but if they do assist I hope everyone takes advantage of it and gets your share. Myself, I pay premiums for insurance against weather related losses, but I understand some people may not can afford to do that. In those cases, it's not the government but friends, neighbors, fellow cattlemen and Christian duty to help out.

Another way of looking at it though, it is the governments job to negotiate trade deals that bring us good cattle prices which appearantly is not being done right now, ALSO they can improve on the market being manipulated, so maybe they owe us. Take all you can get, you've earned it.

Mr. Grit runs a commercial fishing vessel.

Cattle exports are up 26% year to date.

TennesseeTuxedo":4slgctm1 said:
Midtenn":4slgctm1 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":4slgctm1 said:
So you'd refuse Coast Guard assistance if your boat was sinking miles off shore?

I'm sure he wouldn't refuse it nor would he refuse the help of the military, firemen or police. But he's talking about business. Most (maybe none) of us are going to refuse drought assistance, conservation cost share , price supports, or government ag- enhancement assistance, HOWEVER, if they take a vote I would vote for the government to stay out of it. Only reason I do any of those things is because the money is already located so I might as well get my share. I do agree the government should stay out of business, but if they do assist I hope everyone takes advantage of it and gets your share. Myself, I pay premiums for insurance against weather related losses, but I understand some people may not can afford to do that. In those cases, it's not the government but friends, neighbors, fellow cattlemen and Christian duty to help out.

Another way of looking at it though, it is the governments job to negotiate trade deals that bring us good cattle prices which appearantly is not being done right now, ALSO they can improve on the market being manipulated, so maybe they owe us. Take all you can get, you've earned it.

Hopefully under this administration, exports will keep going the right direction. We (American farmers and ranchers) work hard and produce the best product but are still receiving a very small share when compared to other occupations. Compare sweat for sweat and risk for risk. I'd sure rather see ranchers get govt assistance than all the dead beats who are currently getting the biggest slice

Midtenn":2lonbzrb said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2lonbzrb said:
Midtenn":2lonbzrb said:

Hopefully under this administration, exports will keep going the right direction. We (American farmers and ranchers) work hard and produce the best product but are still receiving a very small share when compared to other occupations. Compare sweat for sweat and risk for risk. I'd sure rather see ranchers get govt assistance than all the dead beats who are currently getting the biggest slice

This may come as a big shock to you but there are those here who shun and scorn anyone for participating in any government sponsored farm subsidy. Crazy ain't it?

I'm in favor of this administration but in reality he hasn't done a thing yet that accounts for our current good fortunes in exporting cattle. Odds are he'll do quite a bit to wreck it shortly.

TennesseeTuxedo":2u2zz2xs said:
Midtenn":2u2zz2xs said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2u2zz2xs said:

This may come as a big shock to you but there are those here who shun and scorn anyone for participating in any government sponsored farm subsidy. Crazy ain't it?

I'm in favor of this administration but in reality he hasn't done a thing yet that accounts for our current good fortunes in exporting cattle. Odds are he'll do quite a bit to wreck it shortly.

Yea , Being Pro American , Pro Business hasn't had thing to do with consumer confidence and major investors working to make America great again.

Y'all can have my drought relief money, I didn't take it in 13 and I won't take it in 17 either. It's hard to talk bad about deadbeats and freeloaders and then take government subsidies, provided by the taxpayers. The Farm Bureau sells livestock insurance and it's cheap, less than $10. a head per year.

True Grit Farms":3isb0rau said:
Y'all can have my drought relief money, I didn't take it in 13 and I won't take it in 17 either. It's hard to talk bad about deadbeats and freeloaders and then take government subsidies, provided by the taxpayers. The Farm Bureau sells livestock insurance and it's cheap, less than $10. a head per year.
Thank you for the generosity. I only recently swallowed my pride and decided to accept drought relief. I didn't ask for it, they offered. The money was going to somebody. As a tax payer who's been paying forty years it doesn't skim the surface of getting back what I've paid in. But the fact that you didn't get yours helped my portion be just a little bigger.

M-5":2072ih1n said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2072ih1n said:
Midtenn":2072ih1n said:

Yea , Being Pro American , Pro Business hasn't had thing to do with consumer confidence and major investors working to make America great again.

You think that's made our beef exports rise? Follow along, that's what we're talking about here.

Midtenn":1iy9za29 said:
True Grit Farms":1iy9za29 said:
Thank you for the generosity. I only recently swallowed my pride and decided to accept drought relief. I didn't ask for it, they offered. The money was going to somebody. As a tax payer who's been paying forty years it doesn't skim the surface of getting back what I've paid in. But the fact that you didn't get yours helped my portion be just a little bigger.

Watch out, the voice of reason often gets squelched around here.

TennesseeTuxedo":w2ywg7vy said:
Midtenn":w2ywg7vy said:
True Grit Farms":w2ywg7vy said:

The FSA regional manager came to one of our GCA meetings and passed her business cards out to each member for the 2012 drought relief money. I was totally shocked how much free money there is available to those that want it. We need to demand fiscal responsibility from the government.

True Grit Farms":1obuf3z5 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1obuf3z5 said:
Midtenn":1obuf3z5 said:

The FSA regional manager came to one of our GCA meetings and passed her business cards out to each member for the 2012 drought relief money. I was totally shocked how much free money there is available to those that want it. We need to demand fiscal responsibility from the government.
Agree 100% about the fiscal responsibility. I have had problems with Coast Gaurd too. Ive been in some bad situations but never had to call them. Had a good friend on the verge of death with a broken neck and they refused to come get him. Helicopter was out of fuel.

Latest posts