Cattle land Lease

Help Support CattleToday:

KKelley

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am new to the cattle community and looking for a cattle lease somewhere in Sarasota/Manatee county. Only about 20 head of cattle for the time being, but hoping to expand in the future. Anyone with any ideas of where to look or how to find a lease would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks

Hello and welcome KKelly,
I am in Muse, about an hour south of you. So far our best luck has been to drive around and look for properties that are not fenced. We offer to fence the property for the owner in return for the lease. The lease time is determined by the amount of fencing.

haven't found anything yet, but still looking. Entertaining the idea of getting a business loan from a bank and trying to buy my own land.

KKelley":cmzrm9g4 said:
haven't found anything yet, but still looking. Entertaining the idea of getting a business loan from a bank and trying to buy my own land.

wont likely even as much as prices have come down to be able to get cows to pay the mtg...if you manage to find a way please let me now as the piece im leasing i would love to buy. havent had any luck getting an affordable price or mtg propsal on it...just can turn enough cows to make it pay for itself. row crops or citrus ya might make a go of it here tho

Latest posts