Cattle Horns, Bison Horns or Goat Horns

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
shaker8.JPG

Sirs:

I am looking for a few Cattle Horns, Bison Horns or Goat Horns

to make reproduction Powder horns for Muskets.

Would you have any available?

Capt Walt
Master Maine Guide
NewEnglandCharters LLC
P.O. Box 1585
Saco, Maine 04072
(207) 831-6311

http://home.maine.rr.com/newengland

Dixie Gun works only has premade powder horns.

I want to make my own by boiling the horn and carving a wood plug the scrimshawing historical sceans on them for me and my boys.

All I need is the Raw Horns.

Capt Walt

nc-moose.jpg

Contact a Highland breeder in your area, They should be able to fix ya up with some horns shells.
A.H.C.A. web site has a member list...

Newenglandcharters":1h5ngo5s said:
Dixie Gun works only has premade powder horns.

I want to make my own by boiling the horn and carving a wood plug the scrimshawing historical sceans on them for me and my boys.

All I need is the Raw Horns.

Capt Walt

nc-moose.jpg

When I was doing that stuff they were about the only source for raw cattle and buffallo horns. But that was 1981 ( just checked the last catalog I had from them).
Buff horns were alwasy higher then a cats back, even then. If there are any custom killers in your area they might be able to find you some, or a small slaughter house.

I'll be butchering two young Highland bulls within a month or two. I was considering sending the horns to a friend that builds custom muzzleloaders and work out a trade with him but haven't decided yet for certain. Obviously there will be 4 individual horns, would you be willing to work out some sort of deal? You can PM me if you'd like.

GG

Latest posts