cattle hand book

Help Support CattleToday:

sdt

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good hand book for cattle covering treatment of problems that are pron to cattle(bloat,scours,pinkeye,ect.).I'm trying to find on that a farmer can understand as I'm not a vet!!!! I have been raising cattle for about 5 years and it seems like I learn how to treat a problem after its to late. I think it would be great if a long time cattle farmer would set down and put his knowledge in a book for the ones starting out. thanks for any help!!!!!!!!!!

sdt":26jdjwbh said:
I'm looking for a good hand book for cattle covering treatment of problems that are pron to cattle(bloat,scours,pinkeye,ect.).I'm trying to find on that a farmer can understand as I'm not a vet!!!! I have been raising cattle for about 5 years and it seems like I learn how to treat a problem after its to late. I think it would be great if a long time cattle farmer would set down and put his knowledge in a book for the ones starting out. thanks for any help!!!!!!!!!!

this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it has some good info:

http://animalscience.tamu.edu/ansc

choose "publications" on the menu on the top of the page. then choose "texas beef cattle management handbook" or "beef cattle"

try this. the "texas beef cattle management handbook" can be purchased in hard copy. it's really a pretty good manual to have.

Latest posts