Cattle goals for the new yr and future

Help Support CattleToday:

So that cow the vet told me was open in February I woke up this morning and she had a calf little baldie about 55lbs maybe 60. Didn't get to check it but hoping for a heifer check on after work but man I'm happy I almost sold her this weekend until I seen she was bagging up out of nowhere and this morning her bag is super nice looking full of milk.

Bfields, you are wanting heifers and you need steers. From an economic stance it makes more sense to buy replacements. If you are a small breeder and save heifers , you are having to swap out bulls too often.

I've had 3 bull calfs so far but this calf crop isn't from my bull I just got. But I understand what you are saying.

My crazy tigerstripe heifer is going to the barn this week she likes to jump the fence when I'm not home and when I get home she jumps back in. So I have a guy from Emory sale barn coming to rope her this week she's gonna be a good cow one day just not for me

Bfields30 My crazy tigerstripe heifer is going to the barn this week she likes to jump the fence when I'm not home and when I get home she jumps back in. [/quote said:
Sounds like you have her trained. :cowboy:

I had one that was only partially trained. She would jump out when I was gone, then walk over to the gate when she saw the truck coming. She never learned how to open the gate on her own...

Stocker Steve said:
Bfields30 My crazy tigerstripe heifer is going to the barn this week she likes to jump the fence when I'm not home and when I get home she jumps back in. [/quote said:
Sounds like you have her trained. :cowboy:

I had one that was only partially trained. She would jump out when I was gone, then walk over to the gate when she saw the truck coming. She never learned how to open the gate on her own...
lol yeah right I'll let someone else have fun with her she been exposed to my bull for two months as well but she prolly have even crazier calf lol. I'll be happy when I get that check for her

Bought a 3 yr old Hereford bred to Brahman bull morning from a guy dad I work with raised from headlines he was taking them to sell got lucky to grab one they were nice wish I coulda took them all home lol.

Thoughts 4 month old today f1 bull calf thoughts debating on selling at 6 -8 months as bull . Or do I steer him and sell around 9-10 months. Born in feb nice calf he is on creep feed.

He would make a great steer. Not knowing lineage disqualifies him as a bull prospect. By the ringed nose he looks to have either Jersey or longhorn in him.

Latest posts