Cattle gaurds

Help Support CattleToday:

Lucky

Reaction score
Anyone have a good source for cattle gaurds in Central Texas or SE Oklahoma. Needing 3-4 of them.

A few years ago, there was a pipe outfit around Hamilton that was making them and advertised on fb and craigs list. I havent looked for any lately tho.

Cant say I know them, just know a yard has been on that site for quite a few years. I even had to use google street view to get the name of the place. 🤫🤷‍♂️ But what can I say. I'm observant that way most of the time. 😁

You want a really nice one , powder coated and everything. American fence in Georgetown.
You want it good functional one. Might be a little rough around the edges for a whole lot less money.
Dubose pipe in lometa.

Thanks for the replys. I need one nicer one for the house the rest go in the pasture. I called Go Bob awhile back and thy were a little high but it is a nice cattle guard. I'll give the others a call.

Looks good.
That's alot of cats.......
Yes ended up with a wad of kittens that are now cats. They've got plenty room so don't hardly notice them. 1 down as of yesterday though. I think that made #4 for the feed truck

Last edited:
Nice looking work.

Every time I hear or read "cattle guards" I get reminded. I took the kids on vacation through Wyoming and Montana in the early 90's. One of the older kids said something about a cattle guard. The youngest who was about 7 spun her head around, looks, and says there is nobody guarding those cows. Well that caught on. Back seat entertainment. The older ones saying cattle guard and the youngest claim that there wasn't a guard for the cows. I let it go for a long time (a day or two). Finally I pulled over at a cattle guard to show and explain to the youngest what a cattle guard was. The older ones were disappointed that I ruined their fun.

Nice looking work.

Every time I hear or read "cattle guards" I get reminded. I took the kids on vacation through Wyoming and Montana in the early 90's. One of the older kids said something about a cattle guard. The youngest who was about 7 spun her head around, looks, and says there is nobody guarding those cows. Well that caught on. Back seat entertainment. The older ones saying cattle guard and the youngest claim that there wasn't a guard for the cows. I let it go for a long time (a day or two). Finally I pulled over at a cattle guard to show and explain to the youngest what a cattle guard was. The older ones were disappointed that I ruined their fun.
There was a VP of the United States of America not very long ago that didnt know any better and he was in his 60s or 70's at the time. Hell he wanted to give them all raises. Wonder what ever happened to that dumbazz.

There was a VP of the United States of America not very long ago that didnt know any better and he was in his 60s or 70's at the time. Hell he wanted to give them all raises. Wonder what ever happened to that dumbazz.

That same story/joke has been going around for various presidents and VP's for 40 years or so.

Mine has 2 sets of 6 sucker rods perpendicular to the pipe spaced the width of a truck tire to drive on. It makes crossing them much smoother. Of course, this is for the driveway and not pasture gate like yours.

Yours does look good. You did a nice job placing it, too.

Latest posts