cattle gaps

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a new heard of cattle that continuously stays in the ponds which I beleive causes them to be wormy. I have accessto a creek but I have yet to come up with a cattle gap that won't wash away when it comes a good rain.I would appreciate any suggestions on a fix to my cattle gap problem. thanks

[email protected]

> I have a new heard of cattle that
> continuously stays in the ponds
> which I beleive causes them to be
> wormy. I have accessto a creek but
> I have yet to come up with a
> cattle gap that won't wash away
> when it comes a good rain.I would
> appreciate any suggestions on a
> fix to my cattle gap problem.
> thanks

Just use a barbed wire or hog pannel fence instead.

[email protected]

What exactly is a cattle gap in that is can be washed away?? Just wondering.

We used to live in Kansas, and when we got a "gully-washer" the creeks would take out our "gaps". If you can get electric fence to the area, run a wire across the creek. Tie pieces of wire so that they hang down close enough that cattle cannot get between them. Tie something smooth with some weight to it on the bottom of the pieces of wires to keep them hanging down. When the creek runs hard & washes branches and other stuff down it - they should just slide under your fence. Jeanne

Simme Valley in NY
[email protected]

> I have a new heard of cattle that
> continuously stays in the ponds
> which I beleive causes them to be
> wormy. I have accessto a creek but
> I have yet to come up with a
> cattle gap that won't wash away
> when it comes a good rain.I would
> appreciate any suggestions on a
> fix to my cattle gap problem.
> thanks Josh, I've used plastic 55 gal. barrels hanging from a cable suspended from one side of the creek to the other. usually takes quite a lot of trash to knock one of them loose and they are pretty easy to fix back when the waater goes down. Just make sure the plugs are tight so the barrels will float, tie them with a strong wire at both ends with the wires running up to the cable. My cattle won't try to go through them and when it rains they float up. Best method I've found yet.TSR

[email protected]

Latest posts