cattle futures

Help Support CattleToday:

xbred":39lnc1lj said:
anyone on CT trade in cattle futures? do you trade for youself or do you use a managed account? can you recommend a good broker?

Try interactive brokers which is a discount online broker. I don't trade futures but I watch them closely. The thing I don't like about them is governments can regulate the supply.

You can take the $ you spend trading cattle futures to Las Vegas and pretty women will serve you free drinks while you lose the money.
The odds are about the same.

john250":63sci6zp said:
You can take the $ you spend trading cattle futures to Las Vegas and pretty women will serve you free drinks while you lose the money.

One can do the same thing in one's house. Why would you want to fly to Vegas? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

john250":3se3gscj said:
John, I am not sure I can agree with you. If I remember correctly Hilary Clinton demonstrated to us all how you can make a lot of money trading cattle futures. All you have to do is read the Wall Street Journal. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Ryder":27bols7y said:
john250":27bols7y said:
John, I am not sure I can agree with you. If I remember correctly Hilary Clinton demonstrated to us all how you can make a lot of money trading cattle futures. All you have to do is read the Wall Street Journal. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Hillary had an exceptional broker. :lol2:

john250":3875vqly said:
I'll go to Vegas. Or maybe I'll stay home and trade cattle.
Dang decisions.

I was hoping your reply had something to do with the quality of women or free drinks. :cboy: :cboy: :cboy:

john250":28wmqgb6 said:
HerefordSire":28wmqgb6 said:
john250":28wmqgb6 said:
I'll go to Vegas. Or maybe I'll stay home and trade cattle.
Dang decisions.

I was hoping your reply had something to do with the quality of women or free drinks. :cboy: :cboy: :cboy:

I'm afraid I would end up saying "I Do" in front of Elvis.

It is easy to get an anulment in Vegas, as long as you want one while you are there. Otherwise, it may take another plane fare comp.

HerefordSire":33vekek7 said:
john250":33vekek7 said:
HerefordSire":33vekek7 said:

I'm afraid I would end up saying "I Do" in front of Elvis.

It is easy to get an anulment in Vegas, as long as you want one while you are there. Otherwise, it may take another plane fare comp.

Wedding vows in Vegas
Aren't mean't to last for ages

Ever see the movie when the Griswald boy hit a big 'un on the slot machine? Next thing you know he is hanging out by the pool with 9s sipping on a cool beverage while his daddy Clark was getting hustled on the black jack table.

xbred":9qb5l7k4 said:
speculate
I was hoping you would say market your cattle, as speculators are the biggest villian of commodity producers.

options":1fhfbbrg said:
xbred":1fhfbbrg said:
speculate
I was hoping you would say market your cattle, as speculators are the biggest villian of commodity producers.
When you get down to it, every cow calf producer is a speculator. If we weren;t we wouldn;t breed the cows speculating that we would make money on the calves.
ALl in how you look at things

dun":2spmm75s said:
options":2spmm75s said:
xbred":2spmm75s said:
speculate
When you get down to it, every cow calf producer is a speculator. If we weren;t we wouldn;t breed the cows speculating that we would make money on the calves.
ALl in how you look at things
No dun you are a hedger, a hedger actually produces, needs, consumes or uses a commodity. Speculators participate in the futures market purely to make money. That's why they're called speculators. They have no interest in or intention of producing, consuming, using or taking delivery of any commodity.

Latest posts