cattle food

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I recently heard that the U.S. feeds it's cattle (rendered) food,or proccessed animal protine, & that this is a suspected cause of (mad cow disease). Can you give me any info on this.<br> Thank you
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

It is suspected that in Britian the feeding of sheep remains to cattle was the cause of BSE (mad cow disease). They had the habit of feeding it unprocessed in large quantities.<p>In North America, animal products are cooked before being allowed back into animal feed. The temperature is high enough to kill any virus or bacteria. <p>Personally I don't feed any animal by-products, but to some it makes economic sence.<p>Jason Trowbridge<br>Southern Angus Farms<br>Alberta Canada
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":2lre6l8x said:
: I recently heard that the U.S. feeds it's cattle (rendered) food,or proccessed animal protine, & that this is a suspected cause of (mad cow disease). Can you give me any info on this.<br>: Thank you<p>Mad Cow disease came from British farmers feeding scapie infested sheep to the cattle. Scapies is the sheep version of mad cow, and it has been around for hundreds of years in europe. It has been eradicated in the U.S. So IF u.s. farmers wanted to they could feed all the dead cow and sheep they wanted , and there would likely be no effect.<br>Jennifer
<br>

Latest posts