Cattle feed

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Is there any truth to this: All leftovers from butchering cattle (entrails,bones,feet, head etc.) are ground up and fed back to the cattle because there is a high protein content in all that stuff. <br>It sounds like fables to me but a lot of people insist that this is what is being done and then they say this is what is causing all these animal diseases in England and Europe.<br>They say the same is done with chickens and pigs. I would like to know the truth. Can anyone help me.
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

This used to be done, but feeding ruminant animal parts to cattle has been banned. Some feel that feeding scrapies infected sheep parts to cattle in Britian without cooking it first lead to BSE (mad cow disease). There is no conclusive evidence, but the circumstantial evidence is rather compelling.<p>In Alberta the packers are asking for a signed affidavit that no animal products are fed to cattle delivered for slaughter, and no-one is complaining as they aren't feeding any anyways and want full consumer confidence in the beef produced.<p>Jason Trowbridge<br>Southern Angus Farms<br>Alberta Canada
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

Same here, Jason. Producers in the States are required to keep a tag off every feed used showing ingredients and I was asked to sign an affidavit las week when hauling an infertile bull to the packer that I had not fed any animal by-products.. Previously they only asked about antibiotics.
> This used to be done, but feeding
> ruminant animal parts to cattle
> has been banned. Some feel that
> feeding scrapies infected sheep
> parts to cattle in Britian without
> cooking it first lead to BSE (mad
> cow disease). There is no
> conclusive evidence, but the
> circumstantial evidence is rather
> compelling. In Alberta the packers
> are asking for a signed affidavit
> that no animal products are fed to