Cattle feed

Help Support CattleToday:

That 25 cents per 100 might be their cost to grind, mix, etc. Big automated equipment moving lots of volume. That is not the cost of the grain etc in the feed.

And since they sell pet food they happily diagnose the problem as nutritional and recommend the one on their shelf.
If you are saying that vets are dishonest in their diagnosis in order to sell pet food, I would recommend you look for another vet or do more investigation. My daughter is a vet. Confirmed with her that the vets make very little profit on pet food. They carry the prescription foods so that it is available for their patients when needed. The customers can't buy the prescription foods at Walmart and struggle to find it immediately if their vet does not carry it. Then then need to order it and wait on it. Everyone wants to think that vets are money hungry and rich. So untrue.

If you are saying that vets are dishonest in their diagnosis in order to sell pet food, I would recommend you look for another vet or do more investigation. My daughter is a vet. Confirmed with her that the vets make very little profit on pet food. They carry the prescription foods so that it is available for their patients when needed. The customers can't buy the prescription foods at Walmart and struggle to find it immediately if their vet does not carry it. Then then need to order it and wait on it. Everyone wants to think that vets are money hungry and rich. So untrue.
Sorry if I offended you simme. Vets are no more dishonest than MD's but when they've got the entire wall covered up with 7 lb. bags of Science Diet and nothing else it's pretty obvious they are partial to that one brand when they themselves know there are others better. When a pet food has "corn" as the very first ingredient on the list of ingredients and soybean meal as the primary protein source it is not high quality pet food. (Ask your daughter), then followed somewhere down the list by "poultry by-product meal". That would be feet, beaks, wing tips and other crap along with some feathers. Really good for Ol' Rover.

Sorry if I offended you simme. Vets are no more dishonest than MD's but when they've got the entire wall covered up with 7 lb. bags of Science Diet and nothing else it's pretty obvious they are partial to that one brand when they themselves know there are others better. When a pet food has "corn" as the very first ingredient on the list of ingredients and soybean meal as the primary protein source it is not high quality pet food. (Ask your daughter), then followed somewhere down the list by "poultry by-product meal". That would be feet, beaks, wing tips and other crap along with some feathers. Really good for Ol' Rover.
Not a problem. Sorry for my "emotional outburst". Let's just not analyze hot dogs and vienna sausages.

Latest posts