cattle farm jobs

Help Support CattleToday:

cattlepower

Reaction score
Don't get too post much anymore but have a serious question.

Where should I be looking for a FT permanent job on a cattle farm/ranch in the Tennessee/Kentucky area? Craigslist doesn't have much and I don't know the names of the local papers.

The state empoyment agency should be able to help. In Missouri it's MoWorks, don;t know what it might be anywhere else

A very good VET I know in Texas just had some wranglers quit on him after a few years of working there. He furnished them a truck, fuel and a good salary. Doesn't make sense why they left him. One went to "construction" and will likely make less.

Hence, you might try a large animal vet in your area.

Is there an Ag paper for your area? The MidAmerica Farmer grower is a weekly paper in this area and includes southern IL......... also, they have an ad in it for a cattle farm job in Anna, IL if you're interested.

Experience fulltime farm hand for cow/calf operation.. S. Illinois area, Anna, IL

I don't know if they just simply cannot find the person they want or if they are hard to work for because its been consistently advertised for this year and its an angus farm. Anyway I can pm you the number if you like, I just don't think I should post their phone number online.

You can also go to the sale barn and talk to some of the guys that haul cattle. These fellas know about everyone in the business and often have the inside scoop on things. Jobs like that in my area are rarely advertised but are had by word of mouth.