Cattle eating garden?

Help Support CattleToday:

AmeliaA

Reaction score
:???: Can I let my cattle graze in my garden once I'm all done with it for the season? Wanna make sure they won't get sick from any plants. But it would be nice for all the old plants to have a purpose. And fertilizer well they are in there! I have several things in my garden(sweet corn,feed corn,green beans,onions,broccoli,brusel sprouts,cauliflower,kale,tomatoes,potatoes,watermelon,cucumbers,zucchini,summer squash,pumpkin,musmelon and bell peppers)
Is it ok to let them graze in there?

Only thing I would be concerned about is the potato and tomato plants

Brussels are a natural cure of heartburn. Glad to know they will be fine. Less work for me having to pull all the plants and they fertilize as they go!

Rafter S":15iir9g7 said:
greybeard":15iir9g7 said:
No self respecting cow (or cowman) would touch a nasty brussel sprout.

I happen to like them. Along with broccoli and cauliflower. But celery is just nasty.
There's just no accounting for taste..

(I don't get heartburn, I cause it and I try not to eat anything anyone touts as "natural")

greybeard":3hc64mvd said:
Rafter S":3hc64mvd said:
greybeard":3hc64mvd said:
No self respecting cow (or cowman) would touch a nasty brussel sprout.

I happen to like them. Along with broccoli and cauliflower. But celery is just nasty.
There's just no accounting for taste..

You got that right. I've heard a rumor that some people even like sheep meat.

AmeliaA":3eg5gsdz said:
Brussels are a natural cure of heartburn. Glad to know they will be fine. Less work for me having to pull all the plants and they fertilize as they go!
So is Johnson grass. :nod:

Latest posts