Cattle Dogs

Help Support CattleToday:

have you considered a poodle, cokeman? supposedly they are some of the smartest dogs.

No but the tea-cup chiahuah looks like it might hold its own working cattle...lol

I'll take a blackmouth cur anyday! Smart enough to use just enough force to get the job done. Same dog I can break up fighting bulls with I can use to work sheep, or even chickens.
No vices either, as long as you don't count treeing game if they happen to see you carrying a gun.

flbullrider":2l5sr2my said:
My buddy uses a black mouth cur for the head, aussie on the heel, works pretty well.

My folks use a golden retreiver - not that great in my opinion but they're happy with him.

Mike Bishop - http://www.flbullrider.com
I read your entire web site, Mike, and you did a great job on it. Your FAITH is Positive and you have witnessed very well. With all you have going for you - it might be a good idea to stress the positive things in your life, and forget trying to clamp your bunns on a tough bull for 8 seconds - - you have escaped the "Ultimate Total Disability" moment several times - your candle is burned at both ends and is pretty close to the middle :shock: Take the advice of a Retired Dr. of Chiropractic (me) who has had several Bull Riders as regular patients - - QUIT NOW - while it is YOUR option instead of being crippled for the rest of your life (or Worse :roll: ) because you HAVE to. It only takes a split second for a horn to go through your gut and cut your Spinal Cord - and you are PARALYZED for the rest of your life - and absolutely helpless! You have too much going for you for that to happen, Mike. This advice is coming from a Source other than just me - and you know it! End of Sermon. DOC HARRIS