Cattle Diseases

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I am currently in school to become a Vet. Tech. in Texas, USA. I am doing a research paper for my food animal class. I have to pick a cattle disease and then research it. I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas on one that would be interesting and has a good amount of information available for it. Thank you for your help.

I would suggest you select one that is common to your area. That will make it more meaningful in the long run when you can apply it to your chosen occupation.

jfont":oein1tf9 said:
" Black-leg" thats a mean one that has some history to it.

blackleg would probably be my choice too. brucellosis is also a good one or maybe tb (texas is requiring tb testing on all seedstock & dairy herds this year)

I would thnk that IBR/BVD would be a more common problem. The only thing that seems more frequent would be "Shipping complex" i.e. shipping fever.

dun

Shipping fever...my vet says he loves to see a field full of calves tagged with sale barn tags...it's means plenty of business for him...

Hi, I am currently studying diseases that affect animals in my agricultral science class, but i was having difficulties finding information on the disease i have decided to research called, "Lumpy Jaw". I was wondering if you would know whether this disease effects: local sales, import/export, costs(for example: control, prevention, cure) and production rates. Oh and also, can this be infectious or contagious. If you would be able to answer these that would be fantastic, i have tried so many resources and havent been able to find anything. so thanks. Kind regards Cheryl-lee.

Have you checked
http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp

dun

[email protected]":33w7fzsj said:
Hi, I am currently studying diseases that affect animals in my agricultral science class, but i was having difficulties finding information on the disease i have decided to research called, "Lumpy Jaw". I was wondering if you would know whether this disease effects: local sales, import/export, costs(for example: control, prevention, cure) and production rates. Oh and also, can this be infectious or contagious. If you would be able to answer these that would be fantastic, i have tried so many resources and havent been able to find anything. so thanks. Kind regards Cheryl-lee.

Latest posts