CATTLE DEATHS FROM IVOMEC

Help Support CattleToday:

Why do you keep bringing a thread like this up when what you allege happened 10 years ago? You first posted this in 2012 and said that it had happened several years before that. There is definitely an agenda here!

Probably too much (or too little) sulphur...not the ivomec
icon_lol.gif

icon_lol2.gif

icon_beatdeadhorse.gif

FARMR":100cz39c said:
Has anyone seen unexpected cattle deaths after administering Ivomec or ivermection? I have had 3 occasions where my healthy calves were administered Ivomec. Beginning 4 days after administration the calves would suddenly die or would experience some paralysis and then die. I have done research and found that cattle should not be dewormed with Ivomec when the heelfly is in the bot stage and migrated to the spinal or tracheal areas. The Ivomec will kill the bot that will in turn kill the animal. This happens in Missouri mainly during the months of December thru February. Merial labs has been dishonest and uninformative to me by saying that their product cannot be the cause of this. I have lost 25% of my treated cattle (19 of 72) and another 25% affected on one occasion. If anyone has experienced this please contact me. I would especially like to hear from a veterinarian. Thank you
E-mail: [email protected]

I've lost one that suspect was from the use of ivomec. But its pure speculation . Coulda been several things. I lost way more to hayrings

The last time I contacted the university about my issue I was told by their attorney that the statute of limitations was up and that I could not sue them and that they owed me nothing. I have since found out that they are exempt from liability and I could never collect compensation if I was awarded it. The next day after I talked to her there were 2 police officers waiting at the front door where I work. Two days later 2 university police detectives showed up in my department and toured my area and conspicuously checked me out. This is purely by coincidence I am sure. It seems to me that the university should be investigated but no other state agency will.

Without re-reading this thread:
Cattle CAN die from Ivomec - but, it is a MANAGEMENT problem, not a product problem. If grubs are migrating in the wrong area of the cattle, and you kill the grubs, you kill the cow.

Latest posts