Cattle Curtain

Help Support CattleToday:

UncleLA

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the "Cattle Curtain" cattle rubs?
I saw an ad in the recent Working Ranch magazine. They look interesting.
Thanks!

dun, I'd be interested in one of those. Maybe even the 6 foot model. I think it might be more efficient than a normal cattle rub/roll. Where do you place it and what insecticide/oil combination do you find to work the best? Flies are really bad here this year. I'm using a combination of several things now to fight them, but one more weapon would be considered.

I set up a fenced area around the water point and they have to walk through an archway to get to water. The mop hangs in the archway.
I use the od stand-by of Permectrin and diesel

dun":ouklzsbo said:
I set up a fenced area around the water point and they have to walk through an archway to get to water. The mop hangs in the archway.

Any pics dun?

Munger":2k7trlsh said:
dun":2k7trlsh said:

Any pics dun?

Brute 23":13ym7ike said:
I'm using the regular hanging bag with the powder. We have a set of pens with a water trough and I hung it on a gate in there. I did not feel like messing with the oils and all that. It's working good so far.
I have tried the dust bags a couple of times, (slow learner) There alwasy seems to be at least one and sometimes more that think that they are fun to wack over and over letting the powder fall. The longest I've had one last was a week (once) then it was more like 3-4 days. That dam powder is to expensive to treat the ground with.

dun":3ibgfxgr said:
Brute 23":3ibgfxgr said:
I'm using the regular hanging bag with the powder. We have a set of pens with a water trough and I hung it on a gate in there. I did not feel like messing with the oils and all that. It's working good so far.
I have tried the dust bags a couple of times, (slow learner) There alwasy seems to be at least one and sometimes more that think that they are fun to wack over and over letting the powder fall. The longest I've had one last was a week (once) then it was more like 3-4 days. That dam powder is to expensive to treat the ground with.

I'll have to wait and see what happens. I usually spray them but flies are exceptionally bad this year. It's just a stop gap until I work them again in Nov.

I like that , we're using conventional ones right now in walkways and homemade ones out of toesacks and hemp rope in the loafing areas.

I work with the man who created the Cattle Curtain, so I bought one. It worked pretty good this spring and summer.

This is the Cattle Curtain:

I like it because your calves get a better treatment than with a traditional rub.

Latest posts