cattle cough

Help Support CattleToday:

happyhollowfarm

Reaction score
I have a cow that has had a cough for over a month. I have given her LA 200 but she still has the cough.

happyhollowfarm":1ursokn8 said:
I have a cow that has had a cough for over a month. I have given her LA 200 but she still has the cough.
Any other symptoms? Loss of weight? Droopy ears? Sluggish?

I have seen cows that have a chronic cough, no other symptoms, just a cough their whole life.

same as iso, but last year i had a lot of calves with a cough in late summer & i never could figure why but it did not bother them & after a long time it straightened out

Had cow with an on and off chronic cough. Vet checked okay, no fever, nothing ever developed, and no other animals got sick. Other than that she was healthy.
So it was decided it was a "dust" or "irritation" type cough.
Animals can get lung worm though, so a good blast of de-wormer won"t hurt anything.
Nite Hawk

Is she still eating and drinking good? Does she have a snotty discharge coming from her nose?

Isomade":1lnpiztz said:
happyhollowfarm":1lnpiztz said:
Any other symptoms? Loss of weight? Droopy ears? Sluggish?

I have seen cows that have a chronic cough, no other symptoms, just a cough their whole life.

She has lost weight and was sluggish in the beginning. Seems to have more energy since giving her the LA 200. She eats good and drinks lots of water. Now she just coughs and is still kinda bony looking compared to my other cows. The vet thinks it may be allergies and will go away after we have a frost (which may be tonight).

Did the vet actually see her? If she were mine & in the condition you described, I woulx suspect that she has a load of parasites.

Latest posts