Cattle, Cats, and Old Man Winter (lots of pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
Well, since last weekend when it snowed a lot, it doesn't seem like we got the amount of snow we did cause of it settling. But it's here, for sure. :) And yeah, I'm home at the farm this weekend. :D

So I took some pics this morning, and it was really pretty out, with the fog rolling in and all. And everything looks so different with the blanket of white, you know, a grove of spruce that looked like your typical windbreak in the summer, almost looked kind of cozy against the snow. It's kinda weird that way.

DSCF0006.JPG

Back yard: the trees look like their more huddled together than in the summer...

DSCF00091.JPG

Button, she was in for surgery yesterday getting spayed. She's a bit tired and sore today, but they did a good job on her and she's still eager to follow her bro and me around.

DSCF00101.JPG

DSCF0011.JPG

DSCF00121.JPG

Cattle, both back herd and front, up wondering if I was gonna give them something to eat. They're on silage now, the feed that's really meant for the calves we were supposed to get this time of year, plus a few bales. Still no idea when these big guys are going out.

DSCF0013.JPG

'Lasker

DSCF0016.JPG

Where the heck are yall goin?! :roll:

DSCF0017.JPG

Spider and char steer looking at something, I don't know what...
Speaking of Spider, just some news that he got neutered this week. Doesn't affect his energy one bit though!

DSCF0020.JPG

LOL Spider's "investigating" the bale...

DSCF0023.JPG

Button and one of the steers eyeing each other up...

DSCF0033.JPG

These two are never up to any good. Spider's on top of the bale, Button's sitting in the holes in the middle.

DSCF0030.JPG

Watch out for that steer! Spider's up in the top corner of the shed, lol...

DSCF0031.JPG

More of the back herd...

DSCF0028.JPG

The fog, in the pasture.

DSCF0034.JPG

Wintery front lawn.

I'm thinking of maybe posting more pics where the internet is quicker, so this'll be all for this weekend.

Those as ever are great photo's, and those two look good and haven't they grown, all the worry they cause as kittens and they grow to be such wonderful cats, glad to hear they have gotten over their ops so well. :)

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. Have you been getting the massive amount of fog up there too? It was insane down here this morning, I couldn't see 10 feet in front of me. Got me nervous, supposedly 3 months after fog will be snow/rain. If that is true Jan/Feb are going to be tough months.:(

Thanks

It's still a little foggy here, but not as bad as it was this morning. Fog only stayed about a couple hours, but sure made for some pretty scenery around here, that's for sure!

Always like to see pics of other folks animals...thanks for sharing.
And another reminder that I still have some fall chores to get done...had a littls dusting earlier in the week now its all mud.
DMc

thanks for the pics... now im gonna have to turn up the heat here LOL it is beautifull how ever... Rose

Thanks.
It's actually snowing outside right now as I speak, in nice big fluffy flakes, just acoating the ground.

And yeah, it is a bit chilly outside, but it's only about -5 C right now, which is nothing compared to the -30 C days we sometimes get.

Thanks for the pictures...I can't even think about snow yet (maybe we won't have any?)...like how those two cats are just everywhere and into everything, seems like they have a real good time no matter what, that's a cat for you!

Gale Seddon":1a9nuf9v said:
...like how those two cats are just everywhere and into everything, seems like they have a real good time no matter what, that's a cat for you!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Those two get underfoot all the time! Digging up potatoes in the garden, when Dad's working in the quanset, when we're out feeding... You should see them when they're with Dad and he's running the cattle through to do some needling and stuff... :roll: Yeesh! I get a little worried that someday they're gonna get kicked, but they still have a ways to go, and a lot of learnin to do. AND they're the best mousers too.

Yep, they are some real happy kitties, I tell ya! :D :lol:

You're probably getting tired of looking at my cattle and all. But I said earlyer that I'd post more, so here's more:

DSCF00141.JPG

Spider trying to get away from a curious steer...

DSCF00151.JPG

Side veiw of 'Lasker (nice steer, ain't he?)

DSCF0018.JPG

I'm sittin on the fence here, with a good view of the cattle and the farm...

DSCF0019.JPG

And Button FINALLY decides to come too...

DSCF0021.JPG

More fog, shrowding the old swamp spruce...

DSCF00241.JPG

Wintery machine shed...

DSCF0025.JPG

"No, I'm not gonna let you out..."

DSCF0026.JPG

Spider's having fun...

DSCF0029.JPG

Run Button, run!!

DSCF00361.JPG

The "bull" we had castrated this summer. I had to look twice to make sure it was him, he's grown into a really nice steer...

DSCF00371.JPG

And some more of the back ones. The only one with horns is the char on the mid right, his head's turned away. Must have missed dehorning him some way or other. I think there's another one in there like him that we missed, but maybe not.

That's it for now, so enjoy 'em.

as ever always nice photo's never get tired of viewing, it looks mighty cold, and Spder playing in the snow, my two pampered moggies wont go out in the cold let alone set foot on snow. :lol:

It sure is a lot of difference in the weather between up your way and down here. You look frozen and I made square bails last Sunday.

peg4x4":6ycvhfoz said:
Gonna be 85 degrees today! Sat gonna get down to 70-

I'm jealous. ;-)

Thanks, supposed to be more snow forcast for today. We got some freezing rain last night too, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear of some accidents or pile-ups on the highway on the news.

I still have yet to put on my skis, maybe this weekend I'll try and do some X-country on the farm. Snow's deep enough an in perfect condition to do some. :)

Yeah, and the ski hill is open ahead of schedule this year too. :D

I've got some more pics (last for this post), as the sun finally came out for a little bit today, making things pretty and less dreary.

Photo001.JPG

From the "false" pasture...

DSCF0002.JPG

Neighbor's feild.

Other pics I have posted on the breeds board ("Steers, before they go" thread) FYI.