Cattle bubbles and taxes

Help Support CattleToday:

Double R Ranch

Reaction score
Here in California they have decided to tax cattle ranchers and dairy farmers for the "bad air" that the cattle are producing. Supposidly the cattle are destroying the Ozone. So now we are being taxed. I am unclear as to how paying the state money will fix the ozone but maybe I am missing something.
In watching the news the other night I saw that they have come up with a way to stop this cattle caused Ozone distruction. It is called a cattle bubble. Basically it is a dome like structure that your cattle live in and this way they can filter the "bad air" before it can do further damage to the ozone.
I was wondering what everyone thought about this.

Double R Ranch":q00rbfh9 said:
Here in California they have decided to tax cattle ranchers and dairy farmers for the "bad air" that the cattle are producing. Supposidly the cattle are destroying the Ozone. So now we are being taxed. I am unclear as to how paying the state money will fix the ozone but maybe I am missing something.
In watching the news the other night I saw that they have come up with a way to stop this cattle caused Ozone distruction. It is called a cattle bubble. Basically it is a dome like structure that your cattle live in and this way they can filter the "bad air" before it can do further damage to the ozone.

Only California would come up with such BS,(if it's true) I guess the millions of buffalo that roamed the country started the problem. We eliminated that problem. If they were to ever pass a law that stupid were I reside I would dig a ditch shoot ever head I own and bury them.

you can bet if democrats could have their way the goverment would own every farm and ranch..the way they will try to get this ownership is to tax and apply unjust regulations of the farmer to make him give up..farmers are the last stronghold of american independence..as Thomas Jefferson ssid "cities are the cesspools of society"...

Here in Maryland before long I will have to diaper my cattle. My manure spreader must be calibrated....LOL I asked them how soon I was going to have to calibrate my cows? My soils must be tested, I must have a nutrient management plan.

I've refused. I had plans before they made them law, but I want them to come out here and walk behind the cows for a while.

With some of the wild A** things California, New York City, and some of the other radical, environmentalist States, Congressmen/women, Liberals, PETA followers come up with "to protect us from ourselves", here is my suggestion:

Divide the USA into three countries: West Coast, Northeast Coast, and the Rest of the USA. Let the "Rest of the USA" continue their good life: Put a plastic dome around those other 2 countries. P.S.: Let the few sane, commonsense individuals that happen to be on the West or NE Coast out before they put the domes over those 2 new countries (probably won't be too many leaving those areas for the "USA Heartland"...lol.

Double R Ranch":txu7vc9u said:

Think the California idea is a bunch of crap (yes, pun intended). In reality, I think all of those "Soccer Moms" running around all day in their gas-guzzling SUV's are probably doing more damage to the ozone than are our livestock.

If you're a sane cattle person...sell out, get the H*** out of Dodge (California). Beginning to understand why the Chinese built the "Great Wall of China"...lol...keep the radical elements out. Are you sure California was not referring to "Pet Stores?"... Imagine the feat of putting a dome over a 1,000,000 acre ranch. Wonder what the King Ranch in Texas would think of California's Ozone solution...LOL!!

Running Arrow Bill,
If it was not for the fact that we will be getting a large offer from developers in a few years trust me we would have been gone a long time ago.
The "soccer mom" thing, has seeemed to even really been an issue. That was ONE of the problems that I had with this whole thing. the problem couldn't be the millions of cars driving down the road. These people will only be happy when they have run all the dairy, cattle and chicken farmers out of the state. When this happens I am going to laugh. They are going to pay $5 an egg and wonder why this is.
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who thinks that this is very ridiculous. :)

I'd remembered living in California (it was not my intended! It was my parents idea! Had to live where they live! When I gotten the money and transfer of school I DID get out of Dodge (California version)) reading the conflicts (almost like a war) between suburban California and rural California.... It gets worse every year and one of these years there will be a civil war there...
While I was living in that Hell on Earth, a few years ago I read an story (it was in my local papers and in Capital Press) , there was a young dairy farmer who wanted to open an dairy in my area. The young man has already purchased the property but couldn't start building the dairies because of all the environemental regulations to go through.... He had spend a good full year in front of a judge to get premission to build his dairy.... Lawyers fees only cost him $100,000. By the time he gotten clearance, he had spend half a million dollars just to get the dumbass EPA off his ass allllll because his cows will give off methane gas into their precious air.
Speaking of methane gas, every time someone mentioned how bad methane gas is giving off pollution, etc., I get quite frustrated how dumb they are. I will go up to them and ask them a simple question "Remember Dinosaurs? They give off a pretty good pile of manure therefore plenty of methane....it didn't kill them, a meteor did! Millions of years there has been animals (far more than today) and look how much "pollution" they give off...." I'd gave them something to think about.......
During the 2000 election, Bush promised to get the EPA off our backs but he has done not one thing.... The EPA has put many of my family out of business because if they "smell something bad, then they don't like it". If there is a trace amount of violations, BAM! you are out of business! Get over it ya dumb assses Enviro-freaks!

this is why I will not vote for ANY taxes bonds or levies and candidates that even think the words "balence the budget" . Seems to be code words for more taxes. The only way to get rid of most varmits is to starve them and the gov lives on money. So. let them close down(and scream when pay is made retroactive) Make it plain that the only numbers in the budgets are red! No new spending for anything and close out about half the old spending. Any dollar spent by the goverment wastes almost 50cents in administration, for quality service like the license bureau. starve 'em out, fire 'em, make 'em get a real job.

Up here, cattle are supposed to be giving us green credits as part of the Kyoto accord. Grass produces alot of oxygen. I would think substantially more than a concrete building or an asphalt parking lot. I think they should be taxing city people for wasting space that could be used for good cattle grazing land.

It is true that farmers and ranchers will soon be fined or taxed for gas from livestock. This is not just a California thing, it will be national. The Federal Clean Air Act does not allow anyone to release more than 100 pounds of ammonium per day into the air. The EPA is being forced by environmental groups to enforce that act. They figure that 200 cows produce about that number. Right now they are talking about a one time fine/permit/tax for any livestock operations that produce over that 100 pound threshold. It is just like the Clean Water Act and the new CAFO regulations, it is federal. It is something that the industry will have to figure out how to deal with it.

Dave

Latest posts