Cattle Breeds

Help Support CattleToday:

HSTexas

Reaction score
I have been reading on here and it seems that I should choose between Brahma or simmental. I read that Brahma are very good at protection. I eluded to an issue with a neighbor that is stalking me. Would Brahma cattle offer some protection? I also like the look of Watusi cattle. Since I will be only able to support a few here I'm open to suggestions. TIA

I want to have my land make money. I am not looking for cattle to buy the land. I have bought it already. I just want it to produce income over up keep. I will be living with them because my RV is parked here. Will one strand of electrified fence be enough. What about breeding and raising nurse cows like jersey. I have also read that leaving all bulls intact will help them get more muscular. I could run about 20 jersey here I think.

I'd do longhorn and yes bulls grow better. One strand of wire should be sufficient. I'm sure if any of your bulls got out there wouldn't be a problem, your neighbor is trying to upgrade from big boy. I hear there's a group of 40 cows that run wild around there. If it was me I'd get a brand registered with the state and see if I couldn't catch and brand them.

Thank You. I will research brands. Since I like Kentucky basketball and rumor has it there is a wild cat here. I may use that as a brand. You guys are so helpful and nice.

Throw a piece of that single strand wire in the fire and singe the shine off it.
Stretch it real tight across the road about 48 " maybe lil more ifin she really high headed

HSTexas":38m4nicv said:
I have been reading on here and it seems that I should choose between Brahma or simmental. I read that Brahma are very good at protection. I eluded to an issue with a neighbor that is stalking me. Would Brahma cattle offer some protection? I also like the look of Watusi cattle. Since I will be only able to support a few here I'm open to suggestions. TIA
I'd shoot the neighbor, and raise Simmental...

Go ahead and get the Brahman cows, and a Jersey bull. And yes, one hot wire should be fine. After the first day you can turn it off to save electricity.

Rafter S":1tirklz9 said:
Go ahead and get the Brahman cows, and a Jersey bull. And yes, one hot wire should be fine. After the first day you can turn it off to save electricity.
Do like someone here did,,put up a fake hot wire...he put one around his round bales to keep the cows out,,,evidently his cows weren't fooled by it, they made hash out of it.... :cowboy:

Latest posts