Cattle Breed

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Hello all, just found this site out. It's pretty cool. Just wondering if anybody has or knows about a certain breed. I don't know what they're called, but they're found in Laos, Thailand, and other surrounding countries. They have a hump on their backs like the Brahman, but their ears are not long. They come in all sorts of colors. Sorry, not enough info. If anyone can point me in the right direction....thanks!! Jimi

[email protected]

> Hello all, just found this site
> out. It's pretty cool. Just
> wondering if anybody has or knows
> about a certain breed. I don't
> know what they're called, but
> they're found in Laos, Thailand,
> and other surrounding countries.
> They have a hump on their backs
> like the Brahman, but their ears
> are not long. They come in all
> sorts of colors. Sorry, not enough
> info. If anyone can point me in
> the right direction....thanks!!
> Jimi

I'm afraid you are right when you say "not enough info". There are several breeds that have the hump and most of them are in the "Bos Indicus" sub species. I would suggest you start with the "breeds" pages in this web site. You may have to look at a lot of cow pictures and read a lot of write ups but I don't have any better suggestion. Maybe it will be a start. Good luck,

Mack

[email protected]

You may be referring to a "Guar". I'm not sure of the spelling. They are an endangered species I think. They are jungle animals, and I've heard that they will actually track people who are tracking them. I believe they can be up to 6 feet tall at the hump; and they have short(compared to longhorns) horns...normally solid colored, short hair, brownish to red. I think I heard recently in the news that one had been cloned; grew in a recipient cow, born and then died due to common scours! Duh!!I previously lived in Bangkok and had a wooden(teak) carving of a guar that was about 2 ft tall.

[email protected]

Latest posts