Cattle Board Etiquette

Help Support CattleToday:

farmwriter

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I'm not criticizing anybody who has done this. What are your ideas about posting photos of other people's places or cattle? I feel funny about opening up somebody else's stuff for critique. You? Do you ask permission? Just curious.

I'm with Red Bull Breeder. I have taken probably 20 pictures this week but it is just too much problem to post them.
Posting them with good things to say is not bad. Posting someone elses cattle or ranch to make fun would be another thing. If someone wants to post mine they are welcome, good or bad.

Join photobucket, its free. All you gotta do is upload to photobucket then right click the address and past in your post. Its so easy even I can do it.

farmwriter":3njnsu6e said:
Let me start by saying I'm not criticizing anybody who has done this. What are your ideas about posting photos of other people's places or cattle? I feel funny about opening up somebody else's stuff for critique. You? Do you ask permission? Just curious.

If it's something that's been advertised or posted by the owner on the Internet or somewhere else, I'd say it was fair game to bring to this forum and discuss.

Taking your own pictures of your neighbor's cattle and posting them should also be OK as long as you didn't provide enough information that the exact owner or his address could be determined.

George

farmwriter":1d0mocvf said:

Unless I have express permission to take and post photos of someone else's cattle or places, I do not do it. To me, that is an invasion of privacy and is not something I would ever even consider doing.

I bet you guys close you eyes when you drive by others cattle. You wouldn't want to invade their privacy. :lol2:
I'm with George. Not a whole lot private about cattle out in a pasture. The owners names or location are.
Doesn't make me a lot of difference whose cattle they are as long as the comments are constructive.

Farmwriter wrote:

Great post Farmwriter! It's something I hadn't actually considered. I recently posted some pics of cattle at our local show. I've gone back and edited the pics by blurring peoples faces in the photo so they can't be identified. I appreciate you raising the privacy issue. It's something I'll be mindfull of in the future. Personally I wouldn't care if someone did it to me or my cattle but everyone's different.

Andrew

Good looking cattle and surroundings are things we ALL should appreciate as cattlemen. Posting pictures to BASH someone---That's a different story !!
I personally--- truely appreciate photos of ALL cattle !! God Bless !!! :D :D

My thoughts are as long as no name or location are mentioned it should be ok. But on the other hand I have posted pictures of bulls with their registration numbers so those were not so anonymous. :oops:

As far as pics from shows I feel that is different as that was taken in a public place or event, while I don't recall posting many pics of other cattle at shows other than my daughters but I usually try to keep the people out of the photo.

talldog":206qf9dd said:
Good looking cattle and surroundings are things we ALL should appreciate as cattlemen. Posting pictures to BASH someone---That's a different story !!
I personally truely appreciate photos of ALL cattle !! God Bless !!! :D :D

This is just what I think. :D
And posting photos of people without permission is not a good thing.

farmwriter":3139tfve said:

I think it would be very rude for someone to post pictures of other people's places or cattle without permission.

Frankie":sir0yak2 said:
farmwriter":sir0yak2 said:

I think it would be very rude for someone to post pictures of other people's places or cattle without permission.

Agreed. Need permission to post another farmers cattle or farm. Kinda goes hand in hand with gossip, talking or posting behind someones back etc. Just a thought

novatech":3ey2y8ba said:
I bet you guys close you eyes when you drive by others cattle. You wouldn't want to invade their privacy. :lol2:
I'm with George. Not a whole lot private about cattle out in a pasture. The owners names or location are.
Doesn't make me a lot of difference whose cattle they are as long as the comments are constructive.

No, I don't. There is a world of difference between looking at cattle in a pasture, and taking pictures of them and posting them on the internet. Laugh if you want to, but to me it is wrong.

townfarmer":2zve78r6 said:
Farmwriter wrote:

Great post Farmwriter! It's something I hadn't actually considered. I recently posted some pics of cattle at our local show. I've gone back and edited the pics by blurring peoples faces in the photo so they can't be identified. I appreciate you raising the privacy issue. It's something I'll be mindfull of in the future. Personally I wouldn't care if someone did it to me or my cattle but everyone's different.

Andrew
Interesting discussion. If I am at a show displaying my cattle, by all means take pictures and post if you like. Afterall I am there to promote my breed and my cattle.

Latest posts