Cattle Board Etiquette

Help Support CattleToday:

spinandslide":1nl8kzan said:
alacattleman":1nl8kzan said:
spinandslide":1nl8kzan said:
Unless I have EXPRESS permission or the animal is advertised(for sale, breeding,ect) and I am seriously considering them, I will not. I think critiqueing other's animals without their knowledge on a public forum is incrediably tacky..JMO of course. :tiphat:
well if there AI bulls or bulls/cattle, for sale this is a good place too have em raked over the coals .might be something the buyer cant see and be saved a world of heartaches

I agree..I said that in my first post. but taking a photo of your neighbor's bull or cow whom you have no intention of doing anything with to simply have folks "rake them over the coals" is just "not nice", IMO.
thats true,, im afraid it would come back too bite my ass............

farmwriter":oegmzr9b said:
Spinandslide, I include showing in that class of fair game as well. If an animal goes in the show ring, he's nominated for public review.
And I agree - it's not the 'legality' of it that concerns me. It's the 'nicety' of such things. :nod:

Yep I agree...showing too...I would hope, at least with younger kids in 4-h and such, people would be constructive, but not downright ugly like Ive seen some folks on this board be. :D

I would never dream of tearing apart someone's animal who wasnt in the aforementioned catergories I spoke of, as you said, its the nicety, not the legality..my train of thought..if the animal works for them and what they are doing, who gives a rat's behind? :lol2:

alacattleman":3db17yz9 said:
I agree..I said that in my first post. but taking a photo of your neighbor's bull or cow whom you have no intention of doing anything with to simply have folks "rake them over the coals" is just "not nice", IMO.
thats true,, im afraid it would come back too bite my ass............[/quote]

Agree on that..the internet is a BIG place..and Karma's a beach. ;-)

Somebody posted a pic of several of my deer in the pasture once. :D

Caustic's feral hogs were in my pasture once and I took several pics of them :D

TXBobcat and Running Arrow Bill both have good pics of medina gates/trap gates/medina hinged gates (or whatever you choose to call them). A picture is worth a thousand words so they say. Subjects such as this come up often and I have sent folks to RAB's web page links to see his pics.

Herefords.US":2lu4t07z said:
farmwriter":2lu4t07z said:
Let me start by saying I'm not criticizing anybody who has done this. What are your ideas about posting photos of other people's places or cattle? I feel funny about opening up somebody else's stuff for critique. You? Do you ask permission? Just curious.

If it's something that's been advertised or posted by the owner on the Internet or somewhere else, I'd say it was fair game to bring to this forum and discuss.

Taking your own pictures of your neighbor's cattle and posting them should also be OK as long as you didn't provide enough information that the exact owner or his address could be determined.

George

I agree with George..... cattle in pasture along the road, everybody can see and as long as you don't divulge their name and address, etc.... I always enjoy reading someone's critique of cattle whether its negative or positive. We've all probably got that one (or two) that isn't ideal but they raise a good calf every year just like clockwork even though their face is butt ugly and only their mother could love them.

Latest posts