Cats

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred

Reaction score
Got a new cat a few weeks ago that had a small kitten still nursing...kitten is now active and running and playing...looked out yesterday and mama cat was in heat.....and still nursing the kitten. Not being a cat person I had no idea they came in heat this quickly after giving birth to another litter. Also didnt' know we had an orange and white tomcat in the neighborhood.

TexasBred":3dntfo84 said:
Got a new cat a few weeks ago that had a small kitten still nursing...kitten is now active and running and playing...looked out yesterday and mama cat was in heat.....and still nursing the kitten. Not being a cat person I had no idea they came in heat this quickly after giving birth to another litter. Also didnt' know we had an orange and white tomcat in the neighborhood.
My SIL believed the OWT that she cvouldn;t get pregnant while she was still breast feeding. That's why her 2 kids are only 11 months apart.
This time of year it seems like cats are either pregnant or in heat

dun":2g98zxrt said:
TexasBred":2g98zxrt said:
My SIL believed the OWT that she cvouldn;t get pregnant while she was still breast feeding. That's why her 2 kids are only 11 months apart.

Darned Doctor told my wife the same thing. 12 months and 2 weeks apart on the first 2.. I love to tell people I settled her on the foal heat. It makes her crazy.!

dun":eh29n5g9 said:
TexasBred":eh29n5g9 said:

Well I know I was too late but if she intends to mate again she'll have to find her another Tomcat. The 12 gauge got her old boyfriend.

TexasBred":19sreram said:
Well I know I was too late but if she intends to mate again she'll have to find her another Tomcat. The 12 gauge got her old boyfriend.
Trust me, they will find each other...............

dun":2ei6hjvg said:
TexasBred":2ei6hjvg said:
Trust me, they will find each other...............

I beleive it...no idea where this one came from...not a neighbor within 2 miles in any directions.

Cats can come into heat fairly soon after having kittens. They will come into heat if there is a male cat around almost at any time.

CowGirl005":3k04mkek said:
Cats can come into heat fairly soon after having kittens. They will come into heat if there is a male cat around almost at any time.

Dang...down right promiscuous huh?? Learning a lot about cats as I go along here.

TexasBred":2et5d7k4 said:
CowGirl005":2et5d7k4 said:

Dang...down right promiscuous huh?? Learning a lot about cats as I go along here.

I ain't even going to enter this discussion.
might suffer a fate worse than the orange and white tom cat.

pdfangus":3ra6atu1 said:
TexasBred":3ra6atu1 said:
CowGirl005":3ra6atu1 said:

I ain't even going to enter this discussion.
might suffer a fate worse than the orange and white tom cat.

PDF she made the trip to the vet today. There will be no more kittens.

Latest posts