Catle prices are sure down

Help Support CattleToday:

We sold 80 of our steers on the July video auction for delivery the first week of Oct. We got $145.50 for them at a weight of 610 lbs. There is an $0.08 slide if they're 10lbs over. That was higher for us than last year where we got $135.00 for the same weights.
The prices were down from last month where they were getting $165 for 6 weights. We'll take it though! :)
We kept our heifers last year and sold them really early in the spring as replacements for $950 a head. We're doing the same with them this year but will be asking more for them... not sure how much more yet though.. will wait and see what they are bringing then.

The local markets were up pretty good today compared to last week

ranchmom77":15fe0yv0 said:
We sold 80 of our steers on the July video auction for delivery the first week of Oct. We got $145.50 for them at a weight of 610 lbs. There is an $0.08 slide if they're 10lbs over. That was higher for us than last year where we got $135.00 for the same weights.
The prices were down from last month where they were getting $165 for 6 weights. We'll take it though! :)
We kept our heifers last year and sold them really early in the spring as replacements for $950 a head. We're doing the same with them this year but will be asking more for them... not sure how much more yet though.. will wait and see what they are bringing then.
3 in ones were bringing over 1700 in San Saba last week. They were hi top cattle I figure but ...

3 heifers n 6 steers went to auction Tuesday. I was tickled with the results overall. Some a little low some a little high. My guess on weight of the lot was 300 lbs low.

Latest posts