Catch it Caustic

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie":o0savlsa said:
1982vett":o0savlsa said:
Well, anything over a 1/10th of an inch beats us. Sun was shining a little while ago. North wind looks like it is turned to the west.

I don't think we even got a tenth of an inch in the mist. The "eye" went about 25 miles south of us and the rain stopped. Go figure. It is only supposed to be 94 degrees today so there will be less evaporation for that tenth. There's a 30% chance of rain so our hopes are still up.

Wasn't that the poorest excuse of weather mongering you have ever seen. All the hype of severe weather and flash flood warnings that were put out. As far as I could tell the center of circulation was about 8 - 15 miles east of us, and the winds peaked at aboug 8 mph. We did pick up another 1/10th of an inch thru the night for a total of 2/10ths.

1982vett":kdbe5azn said:
Wasn't that the poorest excuse of weather mongering you have ever seen. All the hype of severe weather and flash flood warnings that were put out. As far as I could tell the center of circulation was about 8 - 15 miles east of us, and the winds peaked at aboug 8 mph. We did pick up another 1/10th of an inch thru the night for a total of 2/10ths.

It did get the humidity way up. We could get some afternoon heating and some rain out of that part of it. It may also move out that high pressure that is holding us to 105 plus degrees every day.

Wasn't that the poorest excuse of weather mongering you have ever seen. All the hype of severe weather and flash flood warnings that were put out. As far as I could tell the center of circulation was about 8 - 15 miles east of us, and the winds peaked at aboug 8 mph. We did pick up another 1/10th of an inch thru the night for a total of 2/10ths.[/quote]

Well, the eye came about 15 mi. east of us just as it made landfall. We had 60 mph winds & got at least 4" of rain. Sounded just about right as the forecasters predicted. Good part is it started about 5:00 am & by 8:30 the yard was 2 in. deep in water & couldn't see the yard from the rock drive. We got over 4" total. Then by 5:30 pm we only had 2 puddles at the end of the drive way. I had a rope on my girl friend so if she fell in a crack I could pull her out. ( She's only 4'10" & 105 lbs. I told her she could take it off for a couple of days anyway.

JDI":2mv1jczj said:

Well, the eye came about 15 mi. east of us just as it made landfall. We had 60 mph winds & got at least 4" of rain. Sounded just about right as the forecasters predicted. Good part is it started about 5:00 am & by 8:30 the yard was 2 in. deep in water & couldn't see the yard from the rock drive. We got over 4" total. Then by 5:30 pm we only had 2 puddles at the end of the drive way. I had a rope on my girl friend so if she fell in a crack I could pull her out. ( She's only 4'10" & 105 lbs. I told her she could take it off for a couple of days anyway.[/quote]

I guess I should clarify my statement and put a timetable on it. Clearly, at landfall in the early mourning hours, Edouard was a dangerous storm. But by afternoon, just by watching the radar screens, it was obvious that their wasn't much of a threat left in the storm. Shoot, their are thunderstorms popping up all over the place this afternoon that pose as much of a threat. Hopfully the one to the south of us now will make it here.

I just got in from Odessa, and was able to check my rain gauge, 1 full inch in the gauge from last night. I noticed that some of the cracks started to close back up. Now if it would do that type of rain at least 4-5 times, we will be in good shape.

PS We ran into some heavy rain on I-20 from east of Abeline to Eastland and then down to Dublin. Nice heavy rain with minimum run-off.

csutton":1w8uwu75 said:
I just got in from Odessa, and was able to check my rain gauge, 1 full inch in the gauge from last night. I noticed that some of the cracks started to close back up. Now if it would do that type of rain at least 4-5 times, we will be in good shape.

PS We ran into some heavy rain on I-20 from east of Abeline to Eastland and then down to Dublin. Nice heavy rain with minimum run-off.

Everywhere but here I guess? I would have been tickled with a 1/2 inch. Congratulations on that inch

Latest posts